22. Own your happiness

Beam observed Kit's face carefully. The sad eyes tugged at Beam's heart hard. He could understand what was going on in Kit's mind. He had assured Kit many times that he had changed and had promised that he would behave himself. But seems that trusting him was more difficult for Kit than he had anticipated. Words were not enough for Kit. 'May be I should show you then', thought Beam.

           Kit was looking down at the bed and gripping his tie tightly. Beam raised his left hand and caught Kit's right hand which was on his tie. Kit flinched at the sudden touch and looked at Beam.

           "Are you trying to choke yourself?", Beam smiled gently and pulled Kit's right hand away making him release the tie. 

          He extended his right hand and loosened Kit's tie lightly still holding Kit's right hand in his left hand. Kit looked perplexed and blinked few times at Beam. Beam smiled again and turned towards the girl who was getting awkward now and looked from Beam to Kit again and again.

        "How can I help you?", Beam asked in a very formal tone.

        "Hmmm..that..", the girl moved restlessly and hesitated for some time.

        "If you need any medical assistance, kit, here can help you. N'Neo, there can help with you with medicines", Beam pointed out.

         "No..its not that..", the girl was confused now, "Can we talk in private?", the girl asked finally.

         Beam heaved a sigh and gave a bored expression. It was not new for him to get confessed to. Even when he just played around and clearly stated that he doesn't do relationships and looked for only one night stands, the girls would often approach him and confess to him. Beam would reject them always, either playfully or politely. But now he cant be polite or playful. Now he had a dear one whose feelings were of paramount importance to him.

         Beam traced his fingers slowly from Kit's right hand wrist to his palms and held his hand by intertwining their fingers. Kit held his breath as Beam pulled Kit's hand with his hand and placed it on his lap. Kit looked at their hands that lay on Beam's lap now. He gulped hard and tried to pull his hand away. But Beam tightened his grip as if he had understood Kit's intention.

             "You can talk freely here. This is more private.", Beam said indifferently pointing around at the booth with his right hand.

           The girl looked at the hands and the intertwined fingers. Now she was not sure whether she should say what she wanted to say. The girl closed her eyes tightly and raised her hands to show the box to Beam.

            "I am Choco from architecture faculty and I like you Beam", the girl said in one breath.

           "Hmmm..", Beam nodded his head as if he considered what the girl said.

           The girl looked expectantly at Beam. But Beam could just see the nervous expression at Kit's face. He felt Kit's tension in his hands. Kit shifted uncomfortably near Beam. Kit dint want to witness the scene. Even if Beam was going to reject the girl, he dint want to see that. It was so uncomfortable.

            "I don't do relationships, don't you know miss?", Beam asked looking directly at the girl.

            The girl nodded, "Yes I know. But..", the girl hesitated, "it's just.. there is a rumour going around that you have stopped playing. Like you haven't taken any girl for quite some time now. So I thought may be now you are looking to settle down".

          Beam smiled, "A rumour huh?", Beam chuckled, "Yeah..the rumour is right. I have stopped playing and you are right too. I am looking to settle down now.".