37. Best Man!

Silence prevailed between father and son for some time. Beam could hear the sound of leaves and crickets from the garden nearby.

            Beam wiped off the tears from his face and looked at his father, "I am really sorry dad. I blamed you for everything. I thought you hated mom and me. I dint even try to understand what you had with mom".

          His father shook his head gently, "It's fine Beam. You were too young. You just understood what you saw. And I dint knew how to explain things to you", he said tenderly.

          Beam nodded and reached for his glass with trembling hands.

         "Now tell me honestly. Are you okay with this marriage?", Weir asked again.

        Beam frowned and hesitated a bit.

          "You are my son and you will be my son forever. Nothing or no one can change the relationship or love I have for you Beam. I promise", Weir continued emotionally.

           Beam looked at his father and nodded with a smile, "You..you better keep your promise. Or else I will never return back this time", Beam struggled to stop himself from crying.

           "Come here, son", Weir called with a smile.

           Beam move closer and his father hugged him by his shoulders. Beam leaned his face against his father's broad shoulders. He closed his eyes and took in the pleasant scent coming from his father, which always made him feel safe and comfortable when he was young. He hugged his father back and let the tears fall freely.

          Once his father released him from the hug, he held his hand and examined Beam's face closely. It had been a long since he had seen his son this close.

          "You have grown up to be a fine handsome man", his father said gently.

             "Yeah..I am..right?", Beam said proudly making his father chuckle.

            "Still so full of yourself, I see", his father smiled and leaned back on his chair.

             Beam shrugged and filled his father's glass with more wine.

           "Hmm how is your boyfriend? When is he coming for the wedding?", Weir asked.

           "That..I am planning to drive there coming week. I don't want him driving here alone so I will go to pick him up", Beam said blushing a little.

            Weir looked at his son's blushing face amused. He didn't even react much when he announced he had got himself a boyfriend but now he was blushing.

            "You asked me to bring him home sometime so I thought why not bring him during the wedding. If that's okay with you", Beam hesitated.

            "Of course! I will personally invite his family too", Weir agreed.

             "You will? Really?", Beam asked surprised.

               "Yes. And your other friend Phana and his family too. I have already instructed my secretary to get appointments accordingly", Weir said making his son smile widely.

               "Thanks dad", Beam said excited, "I will call Kit and inform him".

               Weir nodded and Beam took his phone and walked into the garden.

              "Hey baby..", Beam called as soon as his call was answered.

              "Beam..How are you son? Kit is in the bathroom", came a woman's voice.