20. Don't walk away!

"Let me check Forth", Beam said again.

            Forth stayed in front of Ming and gave a thoughtful look at Beam.

           "Let him. He is good at this. You could hurt Ming more", Phana said looking at Forth which made Forth stand up and take two steps back from Ming.

            Beam crouched down in front of Ming and took his leg by holding his toes with right hand and heel with his left hand. He examined the ankle carefully and pressed few spots to ask if it hurt there. Ming nodded and winced in pain. Beam placed Ming's leg back on the floor and stood up.

             "Just a light sprain. He needs ice pack", Beam said looking at Forth, "Can you walk?", he turned to Ming.

             Ming nodded and tried to stand up but Forth reached him before he could stand and held him down.

            "I will carry you", Forth said calmly and Ming gasped.

            "No..no P'Forth. I can walk", Ming said embarrassed.

            "Mingkwan..you are hurt now..listen to what I say", Forth said sternly and squatted again in front of Ming giving his back to Ming.

          "I...I am heavy..", Ming mumbled blushing hard.

          "Don't worry Nong. Forth is strong enough. Aren't you Forth?", Lam gave out a teasing chuckle.

            "Yes Ming. Let P'Forth help you. You can't walk right now.", Wayo said innocently with all seriousness.

            Phana covered his mouth with the back of his hand to stop himself from laughing on seeing the drama that was unfolding in front of him.

           "Bring him to the medical booth at east corner", Beam said with a smile and started to leave the stadium pulling Kit close with him.

          "Yeah..let's go Yo. Forth will take care of Ming. You dont have anything to do here", Phana said in a mocking tone to Wayo and pulled him away before Wayo could protest.

            On reaching the booth, Beam took a reusable ice pack from the supplies and waited for Forth and Ming to arrive. Kit went to his junior and sat next to him checking the materials and helping his classmates in treating few students who were already there. Forth carried Ming effortlessly into the booth and sat him down on the bed. Beam pressed the ice pack on the sprained area slowly and carefully. After few minutes of cold compress, Beam gave a towel to Ming and asked him to dry his ankle properly.

           "I will apply ointment which would reduce the pain. Also I am going to tie your ankle with elastic crepe bandage for the time being.", Beam explained to Ming to which Ming just nodded in response.

          Beam applied ointment over the sprained area and let it set for some time. Later he tied the crepe bandage around the ankle.

           "You need to rest your leg. You cant play for the next few days. Do you understand?", Beam asked. Ming nodded in acknowledgement.

          "You can buy ankle support compression bandage from the medical store and use it instead of this bandage." Ming nodded again.

           "Buy a pain relieving spray too. It will hurt for next few days. If your ankle gets swollen, then you need to go to hospital. Clear?". Again just a nod.

          "You are good to go. Just be careful and don't strain your leg much", Beam explained and called Forth near.

           "Can you wait here for sometime? I will bring your car or my bike here", Forth asked to Ming.