34. Hanging on to the last straw

"Aish...this is hard", Beam exclaimed closing his book.

               Kit tapped on Beam's forehead with his pen and glared at him, "Focus!".

               Kit started reading aloud but Beam defied crawling towards Kit and resting his head on Kit's lap.

              "What are you doing?", Kit asked in stern voice.

              "Resting..", Beam pulled Kit's hand from the book and placed it on his head motioning him to stroke his hair.

               "Why are you acting spoiled all of a sudden? We have a lots to study. We have exams coming up in a week", Kit complained.

                "We have been studying for close to three hours now", Beam whined, "Who does that on a Sunday?".

            "I do..and you will do too since you are my slave. Now get up", Kit tried to push Beam's head from his lap but Beam dint budge.

              Beam again pulled Kit's hand and placed it on his head. Kit heaved a sigh rolling his eyes but started stroking Beam's hair eventually. Beam smiled and closed his eyes.

              "What are you planning to do during holidays?", Kit asked, stroking Beam's hair lovingly now. He had always liked Beam's thick black jet hair and had always wanted to run his hands through them. It was so smooth and silky.

              "Nothing much", Beam said, "I was actually planning for a trip, you know", Beam turned and lay on his back looking at Kit.

              "Trip? To where?", Kit asked.

             "To the nearby island. I was talking about that to the girl you saw at the bar on Friday", Beam said, "Her father owns resorts there and she was showing me pictures of the place".

              "Oh..okay..when are you planning to go?", Kit asked still irritated by what he saw at the bar.

             "Hmmm..last week of the holiday, if you are free", Beam smiled looking at Kit.

              Kit raised his eyebrows, "What does it have to do with me being free?".

             "I want to take you there", Beam said slowly.

                "Me?", Kit asked surprised, "like..just you and me?", Kit asked with a shy smile. They had gone on trips before but it was always together with Phana and never alone.

                 Beam nodded a yes and Kit smiled widely, "Okay. Let's go".

                 "Really? Promise? You cant back off at the last minute", Beam said beaming with happiness, "I will make all arrangements and will let you know".

                Kit chuckled and ruffled his hair tenderly.

                 "Hmmm..then when are you going to visit your father?", Kit asked looking carefully at Beam.

                Beam's smile faltered for a second, not even a second, like a microsecond. But knowing Beam, Kit caught on to the change in his expression at once.

              "Well..I will be staying in his mansion for a few days but am not sure when", Beam said indifferently.

            "Will you be okay staying there? I mean you are going to meet your soon to be step mother. So..", Kit hesitated.

             "I will be fine, Kitty", Beam smiled and turned to his right avoiding Kit's eyes.

              "Beam, look at me", Kit ordered softly, "I thought we agreed to talk freely with each other".