(2): see you

You sink lower in your desk as you watch your teacher lecture about whatever it is he's teaching. You got lost in a day dream about this show you've been watching. Trying to do anything to keep your mind off him. After being rejected it's been even harder than before. Not because he rejected you, but because of the mood shift right before he did it. Worry sets in your chest whenever you think about it.
He looked so heartbroken. His face had twisted into broken shambles at the idea of calling a girl his. It didn't look like he could handle the idea.
Ever since then you've caught yourself glancing at him more than before. Spending your free time worrying a little too much over a boy who doesn't seem to even give you a second glance.
By the time lunch rolls around you're running off to grab something from the vending machine due to forgetting your lunch at home this morning. You didn't exactly have the money to be buying lunch right now so milk bread will just have to do for now.
You purchase it quickly. Smoothing out your skirt as the wind starts to pick up. A shiver runs down your spine.
"Need a jacket?" The familiar voice rings through your ears as you turn to face the direction it came from. Tendou is standing above you. A cocky smile peeking through his lips.
"N-no, thank you." You stutter. Crouching down to grab your milk bread from the slot before turning to face him again.
This is the same vending machine as last time. He must come here for lunch everyday.
As much as you like him, you didn't get crazy about it. You don't know his schedule or everything he does. You hoped to learn those things about him by growing closer to him. Sadly, that wasn't how this was working.
"(Y/N)? Correct? You're the one that gave me that cute letter." Tendou's voice seems drier than usual as he pokes at the buttons on the vending machine. You didn't expect him to continue the conversation so you had walked away a few steps. You turn abruptly, surprised he remembered your name. He must have better things to do than remember your teenage antics. You're flustered by the use of your given name, it's not typical for someone you barely know to call you by your first name. But then again, Tendou has always seemed to be a very relaxed individual who didn't exactly care for social norms.
"Y-yes."
"You're a third year, like me. Yet you're much smarter than I am. Top of the class. That must be why you're so shy and nervous~" Tendou teases, paying for his food as he glances over at you. Enjoying your flustered face and shy posture.
He loves just how much he gets under your skin but he refuses to let himself love anything else about you. Maybe you'll just be someone he can tease in passing.
Even though deep down he wants to go on that date you had asked him a week before in the note.
It's been a week and he's still thinking about you.
It was something about you he couldn't quite put his finger on.
"How do you know that?" You question. How does he know that? Has he been asking about you? Why didn't you know if he has?
"I have my ways~" Tendou quirks an eyebrow over at you, laughing to himself as you squirm under the thought of him even having interest in you.
It wasn't like you to be so nervous around others. Typically, you were known to be a strong individual who had no problem speaking to all types of people. But, when it came to Tendou, then second you laid eyes on him you went weak in the knees. Unable to process your thoughts in his presence. This is what drew you to him. Not just his looks or his volleyball skills. Not the way he turned into a confident sexy freak on the court. Or the way his smile twists.
Although, those were pluses.
What drew you to him was the way your chest clenched around him. The nervousness you felt. It was unlike anything you've ever felt before.
It gave you a rush like no other. Just his presence. You can only imagine what his touch or kisses would do to you.
Tendou is chuckling still, "See you around, cutie~"
Your legs clamp together as he walks away. Heart racing.
'See you around' rings through your ears as you nervously play with the milk break packaging.
He wants to see you again? Or at least, speak again?