Gentleman - Moonlight Gentleman!Joseph x Anxious!Reader

Note:You have lupophobia/lycophobia (fear of wolves), it all started when you saw your father got killed by a werewolf, your mother was worried sick about you getting killed next so the two of you moved to somewhere called 'city', luckily, a kind woman agreed to take you guys in her apartment and talk about what had happened. Years had passed and now you need to find a job to help your mother. (i'm bad at this kind of stuff.)
______

(Y/N)'s POV

"Urgh...what do i do now?..." I chewed my pen as i think, not knowing what to do,"There's no job available...i failed my mom..." I sighed and threw the newspaper on the floor, frustrated.

The sound of the doorbell made me a bit curious, i quickly walk downstairs and opened the door,"Letter for you miss (L/N)" The young lad gave me the letter and waved goodbye, i examined the red wax seal on the letter and opened it slowly.

Dear participant,

You're invited to a game where you can earn money at the end, find friends and so on, however, you will have to face your fears, but worry not, your fear will be gone as you get the hang of it, we will be waiting for you at the Oletus Manor.

Sincerely,
The host

"The address is in the back...i don't know though but since there's no job available i might as well go to that game they were saying.." I scratch the back of my neck as i gazed at the sentence 'Face your fears' i gulp and started packing my stuff for later.
______

'I-is this the right place?' I thought,'It looks haunted...i'll just leave' "Hello new survivor!" A girl chirped, i stared at the hyped girl with a straw hat who has a bright smile and ask,"H-how did you know that i'm here?" The girl who looks like a gardener replied,"I know everything." and smiled once more, a small sweat was formed on my forehead as the girl motioned me to come in,'Wish me luck...'

"Soo...what's your name?" The girl ask,"(Y-Y/N) (L/N)" i stuttered, the girl giggled,"My name is Emma, Emma Woods! I'm a gardener, what about you?" The gardener waited for my response as we were heading towards the destination,"(Occupation)..." I replied, Emma hummed in reply and twist the knob, revealing many people in the room,"Everyone! The new survivor is here, her name is (Y/N) (L/N)!" said the gardener in unison, some survivor was excited, some ignored her and some gossips, i became more anxious as they head towards me.

"Your so beautiful!" A girl holding a perfume squealed, a girl who looks like a nurse wave and introduced herself,"Hello there, i'm Emily Dyer, i'm a doctor." "Doctor? I thought your a nurse" I replied, Emily giggled at my response,"I look like it but i'm definitely a doctor" She replied, the girl earlier joined the conversation and said,"My name is Vera, Vera Nair! I'm a perfumer! I would love to spray you with my newest scent!a–" Vera was cut off by a girl who has a red hair, covering the poor perfumer's mouth,"Excuse me, the new survivor wouldn't like your scent because it's made of a dirty grass." Said the red haired girl,"Ah! Sorry, i'm Fiona Gilman, i'm a priestess, so sorry for interrupting your conversation" "It's okay, nice to meet you" I smiled, Fiona smiled at me while Vera pouted at priestess.

"The grass was scented okay?! It smells wonderful i couldn't resist on making it a perfume!!" "Shut up, (Y/N)'s ears are bleeding by your noisy mouth." Fiona spoke, Vera huffed and left,"Sorry about that, the two always fought about small things, let's meet the others!" Emma grabbed my hand and ran to the other room where the other survivors at.

While we were running to the living room, a boy came to say hi,"Oh hey new survivor! I'm Norton! I'm a prospector! Want some donuts? I know it's burnt but i made it with love!" The prospector gave me a donut and left,"Don't eat that, it tastes like coal, really." A boy with a green hoodie said,"Name's Naib, the mercenary." He added,"HEY! I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU YET NAIB!" yelled the girl who started chasing Naib,"MARTHA SHUT UP! I DON'T WANT YOUR PUSH-UPS ANYMORE! SOMEBODY HELP!!"

'Everyone's weird...' Full of thoughts filled my little brain when Emma snapped me back to reality,"Earth to (Y/N), you okay there buddy? We're not done yet, you have a match!" "M-match? I don't think i'm ready though...i still don't understand what to do in this manor" I replied,"Oh right..i'll tell you everything! But first, don't fall asleep cause this will take forever."
______

"And now you win!" The gardener looked at the sleepy girl and sighed, she started shaking her to death until she wake up,"I-i know everything! Thanks for telling me everything" Said the (H/C) haired girl, Emma smiled and motioned the girl to follow her to the matching room,"Here is the matching room, this is where you get to match with other survivors, well, goodluck!" The brown haired girl then disappeared, (Y/N) scanned everyone in the table, there was the seer, embalmer and a doctor.

"Sit here (Y/N)!" Eli patted the chair next to him, (Y/N) anxiously sat down and started to fidget with her hands, while they're waiting for everyone to be ready, a figure then teleported in front of the girl's eyes, making her flinch, it was a tall man who has wolf ears and a blue pupils, (Y/N) started panicking when she saw a wolf, she can't do anything but panic but suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder, it was emily's,"You have fear of wolves?" She asked, (Y/N) nodded profoundly, Emily smiled at the (Occupation) and whispered,"Everything's alright, he's a gentleman, he won't kill you..well, he will hurt you but i promise you that he is a kind-hearted person." After that the match began.
______

Doctor's down, three cipher machine left, seer on the rocket chair while embalmer has half health, everything's fine, totally fine.

Whilst i was decoding, the camera soon started to flash once more, i didn't mind at all but all of a sudden, the hunter came out of nowhere, it made me yelp in surprise and soon failed a calibration.

"Well well well, hello ma chérie..so your the one who they were protecting hm?" The photographer stared at my (E/C) eyes and smiled, him getting closer to me makes my anxiety grow even more, but the part when Emma told me that he will knock me down made it worse.

"W-what are you doing? Just knock me down already i give up..." i muttered, instead of him knocking me down, he watch me shake vigorously with his innocent smile still in his face,"Aw, scared of wolves i see? Don't worry chérie, i'm a nice wolf! If you won't believe me, pet me then." he reassured as he knee down the same level as mine, i slowly made my hand all the way to his head shivering slightly, his tail wagging made me want to pet him all over again.
______

"This was fun." The tall man sat down on a bench and looked at the smiling girl,"But you need to escape with your team now" he added, (Y/N) nodded at the photographer and said,"Thank you for making me overcome my fear in wolves, your the best" The photographer reach down his hand for the girl, she held his large hand and made their way to the dungeon, before she could flee, she ask the man,"I almost forgot! What's your n–" "Joseph Desaulnier l'amour" Joseph replied and kissed her cheek, the girl's cheek were now brushed with red hue, so she did was she kissed Joseph straight in the lips for revenge then jumped through the dungeon, leaving him dumbfounded, he touched his lips and smiled.

"Until we meet again."

(If there's an error, don't mind it, i was too lazy to check if it's fine..Updates are going to be slow because i get stress a lot and sometimes get writer's block, bye :))

Words:1419