The Confession - Norton x Reader

Another boring story! Yaaay–*cough* just read the story :')

Also a warning that some parts have bad language.

Nortnort needs luv :'3...and some donuts–
______

No one's POV

Is it bad to fall for your best friend?

You always thought about it. You have fell for this one guy who just happens to be your friend since childhood. And it's Norton.

You two were inseparable, no one could make you two leave each other. You two were often together in some matches even in the manor.

But the question is, if you have feelings for him, would he have feelings for you too? Certainly not, clearly he has a liking for the enchantress. You sometimes caught him sticking with Patricia if you are busy in matches or if you aren't there.

Though it was really painful to accept that he likes someone else rather than you who was always there by his side ever since the mining accident.

You felt pity for him after that accident he went through. He was gloomy and sometimes caught him almost tearing up, but you were super glad you changed him. You made him happy and it made you smile that he was now energetic and always optimistic.

But now is not the right time to flashback from those good 'ol days, you felt empty inside, you felt like bursting into tears in front of Norton and tell him how you felt towards him for so long. But you couldn't do it, you were a coward. Just looking straight into his eyes made you nervous, but this? You surely can't do it.

Thoughts kept digging and digging deep inside your mind when you're alone. Should i just let him be? Should i accept that he truly likes her? Should i? The thoughts worsen when you cried.

You felt like giving up, no one really cared much about you except for Norton. Norton was always there, waiting for you to find him and tell him your problems. But you didn't even pay him for what he had done for you, you couldn't even comfort him when he feels so blue,when he feels like he wants to die.

You felt like a bad person. Norton deserves someone else. Someone else who would be there for him, who would take care of him when he feel sick, who would do everything just to make him feel special.

"(Y/N)?..." Mike looks at you with a worried look though you didn't mind, "Hey, you have been spacing out since Norton and Patricia left. What's wrong bud? You can always talk to your old pal, Mike!.." He tried cheering you up but his effort was to no avail. "Hey listen. I know you have feelings for the prospector and i at least want to make you happy even though he likes pat.." The mention of the two made it worse, you started to cry. "M-mike i just want to tell him how i feel so that i-i couldn't suffer anymore!..." You bawled at Mike who starts to wrap his arms around you, trying to comfort you at least the slightest. Seeing you crying made Mike felt bad and wants to restart everything just so you and Norton could be together.

The room soon starts to fill with his comforting words and your sobs.
______

Years has finally passed and you are finally free from the struggles with your life, especially your feelings for Norton. He now has a girlfriend which is Patricia and you didn't react to it. Instead you just congratulate them.

But you felt like something is wrong. Something would go wrong between the two love birds. And it was true.

The two have been arguing for weeks for some reasons, and finally got into a break up.

"I can't do it anymore, Norton! You keep on talking to her and it makes me go insane! Am i special to you? Or no?! Huh? Tell me!" Patricia raged at Norton who tries to argue back. "Babe you are special to me! What's wrong with me talking to my bestest friend?! I love you more than anyone who i know!" But those words he said didn't work, instead it made Patricia slap him and yell at him for the two of them breaking up,"Let's break up! If you ever go near me and want to talk, i'll fucking kill you!" She snap as she slam the door on Norton.

The heated argument between the two made you want to go into his room and comfort him about what happened, but he will think that you eavesdrop on him and he'll probably be mad at you for that. But the cries of the prospector haunt you, you really want to hug him to show that you cared for him. So you did, you try to calm your nerves down as you went ahead and knock gently on Norton's door.

While you wait you hear his foot steps coming closer to the door, and there he was. Standing in front of you, his gray (or brown?...idk) eyes met yours as he starts to cry again, you immediately start to panic. You close the door and start spreading comforting words to the prospector, as he finally calm down. You went ahead and go to your own room.

As soon as you were going to touch the door knob. A hand stopped you from opening it, "Norton?..." You stare at his eyes as you mention his name, but no reply. You started to get uncomfortable by this silence between you two so you just sat down on his bed and wait for him to speak. "(Y...(Y/N)..." "Yes, Norton?" "Could you...stay with me for a while? I...i just want someone to stay with me until i finally calm down..." He sniffled, "Alright." After you agree for staying with him for a little amount of time, he smiled. His smile made you happy again, though Patricia broke his heart, you couldn't handle yourself but to cuss at her for doing that to your beloved Norton.

As of thought about that, you form your hand a ball of fist, Norton saw you infuriating so he wrap his arms around your waist and placing you on his lap. "I know what your thinking. But please try to forget all of that and smile" said Norton, with a little smile. "You know, Patricia ain't the one for me..and i didn't listen to my feelings, i thought that she was the one but..." Norton hesitate as he place his thumb on your chin, leaning slowly "...in fact it was you."
______

As you two kiss, you didn't know what to feel but happiness. Is it really becoming true? Is this a dream? It felt too real to be a dream.

After the kiss, you stare at Norton and smile. Norton smiling as well as you two lay down on the bed.

You loved him, and he loved you back.

End.
______

This hit me different. It kinda made my heart hurt. But idk, something is missing in this story idk what it is so ye. Hope this is fine :')

Words:1204