His Goodbye - Pessimistic!Eli x Reader

"Thank you!"

Is the only word the seer receives when he failed his job to help his team, poor Eli trying his very best to win for the team but all he ever gets was karma.

Earlier during the match,

Emma, Eli, Patricia and Martha was having a very bad match, Martha was put on the rocket chair, Patricia was down and Eli got terror shocked by trying to rescue the coordinator,

"Eli what the hell?! Are you even trying your best to win or your just trying your best to let us lose?!" The enchantress shout to the seer, when he heard that he felt so useless for the team, he didn't really want this to happen, he just want to help them but he is just too weak.

When the match was finished, Emma and Martha was trying to pull Patricia who was trying to slap Eli in the face, cursing and shouting non-stop at which Eli just forced a smile and excuse himself to leave the scenario.

You, who was trying to calm Patricia down, went ahead and follow the seer who was just sitting near the fireplace, his owl then made a sound when you entered the room which alerted the seer,"...Why are you here?" "I want to ask you the same thing, but...are you okay Eli?" You ask as you sit beside him, the seer then reply with a smile,"I'm always alright.." his smile today isn't like the actual smile he use to have, deep down he wanted to not hear the words the enchantress said to him because it only makes his thoughts about disappearing worse, though he don't want you to know it cause he wants you to be happy, happy until he is gone in your life.

______

Weeks have passed and everyone was getting worried about Eli,

He didn't eat nor walk outside to play a match or greet everybody a good morning like he used to do every morning, he didn't do anything after that incident, yes he always have an argument between someone if he did something wrong, but between him and Patricia was the harshest argument he had ever experienced in the manor, and it really hurt his feelings.

The cuts and bruises he did to himself made him think that he isn't important anymore since there were plenty of survivors who is more better than him, he was a weak, useless person who didn't deserve a friend like you, he doesn't deserve the love and support you always bring him when he was sad, he doesn't deserve to live, so he made a choice, a choice of being forever gone.

Before he will try to say goodbye, he wrote a letter just for you with a smile, he wanted you to know the secrets he have kept for himself, the memories of being together through happy and depressed times, and the day he met you, he slowly stand up on the chair and tie the rope around his neck, he looks at the picture of you and smile,"Goodbye.." after that, the chair fell down as he took his final breath, it's all over...he is gone...he's now greeting death.

______

The loud crying and shouting made you concern, you stood up and went ahead to follow the noise, your little feet making sounds on the ground until it stop, you gasp at what you are witnessing right now, the love of your life is just hanging there, his body pale and his face is violently bare, his owl was still on his shoulder who was trying to wake him up until she saw you, she then fly towards your shoulder and cuddles you which you start to cry, you saw a note with your name on it and you slowly unfold it, the tears roll down your face as you read it,

"Dear (Y/N),

I want to let you know that i love you, since the day we met, you were always there by my side if i feel down and i'm sorry if i didn't tell you this sooner, i just don't want you to be sad.

But don't worry, i will watch you from the clouds above, i will try to protect you at all cost, you meant everything to me (Y/N), it's okay though, we will see each other one day if your time has come.

Please take care of my owl, she will be my eye for now, goodbye."

______

"Hey Eli, good to see you again, i brought you your favorite flower.." you mumble as you place a bouquet of bellflowers on his grave,

"Mom? Who is Eli?" Your daughter ask as she stare at Eli's grave,"Eli is my friend, my friend who i love the most." You reply with a sad smile,"Honey, let's go home now" your husband called which you say your final goodbye to Eli,"I love you Eli, see you next time.."
As you and your family was about to leave, you hear him whisper through your ear,

"I love you too."

Words:856