Chapter Six

| Savannah |

As the day flew by, hours felt like seconds. Jason had been up in his office the majority of the time, he came out literally once to ask me if I had eaten and then after pouring himself a glass of alcohol, he left again. I sat on the couch, replying to the messages I was getting in my group chat from Sasha and Nat, and Jade who were basically arguing over the most stupid things ever, with my college books scattered out in front of me. They were a huge distraction but my mind wouldn't focus on anything study related anyway right now as Jason was getting to me. He was acting like I had done something wrong, or that I had instigated Cole to do something for some reason and as I let the day go by, avoiding having any sort of interaction with him as I knew he was just doing this because he was overly mad, I finally made up my mind to actually speak to him. His work could wait.

He did this a lot. Any time something annoyed him, he'd just get mad at literally everything, this was just one of those days as normally, he'd most likely throw a couple of punches at the person who may have made him mad and threatened them to never speak back to him ever again or he'd do worse and be over it. But this time, he couldn't really do that.

I got up, leaving my phone on the couch as it continued to vibrate. I went upstairs and down the hall to where I was about to go to his office but as I walked past our bedroom, I saw him stood, pulling on the blazer to his suit. He only ever wore smart 'business-y' attire when he was going to the office or any time he was out doing formal things, so that meant he was leaving. It was already 5pm and so I wondered what meeting was so important that it had to happen after work hours were over.

I entered the room, making him look at me. He barely looked before he headed over to the closet before disappearing inside of it. I sighed rolling my eyes at his stubborn attitude before I followed. He was stood at the island of the closet which is where he kept all of his watches and jewellery. Although Jason spoiled me everything I could ever dream of having, one of his favourite things was jewellery, the expensive, diamond kind. One that screamed 'I'm a billionaire'.

"Are you going to stay mad forever?" I asked folding my arms as he clasped the clasp to his diamond encrusted watch.

"I'm not mad Savannah" I could tell by his voice that he was irritated yet 'over it'. It was tired and pretty much stressed which made me believe this was all down to his work life and the whole Cole thing kinda just added to his stress.

"You are... you haven't even spoken to me all day, you've spent more time in your office than with me too" I told him approaching him as he put his favourite gold chained bracelet on, on the same arm as the watch. He wore a black suit, the sleeves were rolled up of course which showcased his toned tatted arms, popping veins and of course, shiny watch and bracelet. I couldn't lie, Jason in a suit was definitely my favourite thing, he just looked so perfect, it was hard to stay mad.

"I've been busy, you know that" He answered as he turned to look at me.

His eyes were his usual hazel with a hint of darkness. The way they pierced in to mine made me feel all kinds of ways, sending shivers down my spine just by the intimidating way that he watched me.

"Where are you going now then?" I asked, wanting nothing more but to break eye contact as I felt way too shaky by the way he looked at me.

"I got something to take care of at the office," he paused, suddenly making his way over to me. I swallowed, trying my hardest not to let my guard down but I'm pretty sure he knew the affect he had on me by now and so my game was pretty weak.

"When will you be back?" I asked, my voice almost cracking as I spoke just above a whisper, suddenly not so confident.

"Not till late, don't wait up for me" He told me, amusement in his voice but still a hint of anger. He somehow couldn't ever let his guard down, he did a perfect job at showing that he was still mad but could sense the lack of control that I had right now, something he really enjoyed. I stepped back, breathing out, I couldn't even breathe around him, it was that tense.

"Fine" I simply said, seeing his eyebrows raise in amusement before I turned around and walked out. I could feel his eyes on me, specifically on my ass which made it so hard to walk off without falling to the ground out of the senses tingling in m body. He just had a way of being so damn attractive and intimidating at the same time, he loved the control and power that he had over me, even when he hadn't spoken to me all day and was totally in the wrong. He still managed to take my breath away and send shivers down my spine.

And it didn't help that he looked so freaking hot in that suit.

I returned to my place on the couch, picking my phone up again and hoping that he'd come in and kiss me a goodbye before leaving but nope, I simply heard the garage doors sensor go off meaning that he had opened the door to leave and then, I heard it close and from here, I could hear the engine of one of his cars and slowly, it faded out meaning he had left.

I took a deep breath, sinking in to my seat and covering my face as I brought my legs up to my chest. I really needed to work on not looking so weak in front of Jason because it gave him the advantage to literally do anything. Was it my fault that I had a crush on him even when he was all mine? I mean it was Jason freaking McCann, everything about him was perfect. I think everyone knew that.

Hours later, I turned of all of the lights downstairs, including the backyard lights which I hated having on during the night as they looked so creepy through the windows, even though Jason insisted on having them on for 'safety' reason. I was sure the movement sensors would help us out in a case of intruders than a couple of annoying lights in the backyard.

I carried my books in my hands before I got to the top of the stairs, leaving the light on above the door so that Jason could navigate his way as soon as he got in but other than that, the house was dark. I got to our bedroom, opening the door with a struggle before I went over and put my books down. I went to the bathroom after turning on a single lamp at Jason's side of the bed which lit up the room enough for me to not trip and die when falling over something. After I brushed my teeth and did my usual night routine, I let my hair fall down my back, running my fingers through it instead of actually brushing it because no one had time for that. I turned the light off to the bathroom before leaving, and as I went and put my phone on charge, I heard the sound of the front door close, with almost a bang. I was surprised as to how late this 'important work' was that he had to do that made him stay out till midnight.

I remembered a while ago, when Jason took me to Italy with him as a vacation; something he did a lot, the boys came too and Jason took me along with him to a party that happened to be on a yacht. I was used to having girls swoon over Jason, staring at him and giving him the flirty eyes as they either knew who he was, or they knew who he was and also found him extremely attractive. But this very night, a girl just happened to come on to Jason right in front of me. She didn't care that Jason had made it clear that I was his girlfriend and even went to the lengths of threatening that he'd 'end her career in a split second' followed by curses, but she still continued. Eventually, she got kicked off the boat and we were fine but it didn't stop me from not liking the idea of other girls throwing themselves at Jason. I definitely wasn't the jealous type, not like Jason who'd literally bury a guy alive for looking at me the wrong way or for too long, but I definitely knew my limits. It wasn't an insecurity, it was just annoying as Jason was clearly really attractive, and with the girls who were in his little world of crime, they'd do anything for him. I knew that for a fact.

But I think Jason had made it clear that he was all about me as he treated any other girl like they were invisible.

Not that I was complaining, it felt good to have someone who was all about me for a change, unlike any other guy I had ever bothered wasting my time with. Jason was exceptionally different.