Chapter 54

| Savanna |

Jason was out of his mind and I never thought I'd be saying that. Ever.

I hadn't stepped foot in a club since Jason and I had been dating and prior to that, I went maybe once or twice since everybody knew that really wasn't my scene. That didn't mean I didn't party at all, I liked to go to my friends birthday party's and things like that which typically were at their houses, but that was because that was a typical teenage thing to do. Jason trusted me, I knew that, it was others.

He didn't tell me why but I assumed it was to do with business otherwise I'm sure his friends would be attending if it were a party of some sort.

I didn't want to go, I didn't feel comfortable and I wanted nothing more but to stay at home and watch a little Netflix, preferably with Jason. We were arguing and everything was so tense but that didn't mean I didn't miss him.

I took a deep breath, opening the door to his office to see him sat on the desk chair, writing in a file. Jason was not in the crime world alone, he was successful in a... legal way, too. He was an investment banker and that was what his office was based on, the criminal side was just a part of it and mostly stayed in his warehouse. He couldn't risk anything, as I said, Jason was a very clever man.

"I really don't want to go tonight Jason" I said, almost like an announcement.

He looked up at me, slowly putting his pen down and leaning back in his chair. "Why?" He was really asking why?

"Why? You're really asking me that?" I continued. "When have you ever asked me to go to a club? Willingly"

"Exactly. I ain't ever taken you to that place so if I am taking you once, why you gotta be difficult bout it?" Well then.

"So what am I supposed to wear?" I sounded stupid but I knew I couldn't wear sweats and a sweatshirt to the club, especially if I was with Jason doing business. I also didn't want to go all out because well, I didn't even want to go.

"Anything that covers you enough" He simply said, returning to his writing.

I could slap him. I really, really could.

I sighed shaking my head and leaving the room, closing the door behind me. I headed straight for our bedroom and walked in the closet where I stood in front of the railings of clothing, feeling my eyes go fuzzy.

This was quite possibly one of the biggest problems of my life.

Jason was going to have to deal with whatever I found, if he wanted me to go a freaking club with him, then I could wear what I wanted. Right?

Besides the point, I found an outfit. I showered and did my hair and makeup and in the meantime, I heard Jason coming in and out of our room talking to somebody on the phone. The conversation seemed a little intense but then again, when were they not? I walked in to the closet where I put on the outfit I had planned to wear. Once it was on and I looked at myself in the mirror, I couldn't help but cringe at the thought of literally going to a club so that Jason could deal with business with Alex. Well, he said it didn't have anything to do with him but I was almost certain he was lying.

I wore a white co ord set which was a white long sleeved crop top and a matching white mini skirt. I tied my hair in a pony tale to complete the look as well as adding rings and an anklet. I carried my nude pumps in my hands as I left the closet, seeing Jason now stood in front of the mirror, adjusting the chain around his neck.