New Leader | Chapter 14

Akira POV (Eric in picture)
Two days later
Feb. 25
7:26am

While walking through the hallways, I kept my guard up in case someone tries some funny shit today.

Miami or Arie didn't go to school today cause they had the stomach flu so I was by myself today.

"Wassup girl" Eric said coming from behind me.

"Eric you can't be running up on a bitch like that damn" I told him with attitude in my voice.

"My bad jhit, but what you finna do this weekend?" He asked placing his arm around me.

"I don't know prolly gone stay in the house" I responded.

"You a fucking home body, how about I take you out on Saturday?" He chuckled.

I stared up at him while we was walking.

"Like a date?" I asked.

He then cracked a nervous looking smile and scoffed. "I mean if you want it to be a date then it's a date but if you just see it as two friends going out then then it's that" he continued.

I thought about it for a minute. It wouldn't be bad honestly to go on a date with him.

"Yea I'll go" I said. He smiled and the bell rung.

We hugged then went to class.

As soon as I walked into my entrepreneur class I just knew today was going to be a long ass day.

I'm glad the makeup I had on my eye was covering it well so Eric wouldn't be concerned at all, I'm pretty sure he gets weed from them niggas too so I didn't wanna corrupt anything.

After School

I shut my locker and here come Eric ass again.

"Yes Eric?" I laughed.

"I forgot to bring the baby to you but I will tomorrow after school okay?" He told me.

I nodded my head and he walked away to his bus. Honestly I forgot all about that baby project we were supposed to be doing, so much has been happening I'm starting to forget about school work.

As I walked to the buses that's when dwyane walked up in front of me and looked down at me.

"Ohh myyy godd, can you leave me alone damn" I dragged.

"Who is you talking to? Let's not forget what's on your arm, you better watch yo nigga Lindsey too. I heard that you got a little sister now to huh?" He smirked.

My eyes widened. "How the fuck did you know that?" I asked.

"I got eyes everywhere shorty" he laughed then walked away.

I speed walked to the buses honestly terrified. I have to to something about this shit cause he done brung my family into it and that's something I cannot let slide.

At home

I was laying on the couch and my phone started to ring.

Granddaddy ❤️👴🏽

I picked up the phone and smiled. I love talking to my grandparents.

"Hey kirabear, what you been up to?" He asked.

"Nothing, dealing with school and some other shi- i mean stuff" I said correcting myself.

"Yea you better watched yo mouth, but I was trying to contact your momma but she ain't answer so you think you can contact her for me this is important business" he explained.

"Okay, she just had Toni so she's been resting a lot so that's why but I'll tell her" I responded.

"Ight your granny and I gone come up there soon, I miss all y'all" he continued.

"We miss y'all too, I wish I could just always drive down to Miami to see y'all" I told him.

"I know Kirabear but I gotta go, I love you and make sure you tell your moms what I said" he said.

"Okay, love you too" I replied then hung up the phone.

I wonder what that important business is about.

As soon as I was about to get off the couch that's when mom came down stairs.

"Hey baby" she said.

"Hey mom, pops just called, he said he need to tell you some important business so call him when you can" I told her.

She came closer to the couch and made a puzzled face.

"What was this business about?" She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, he said to call him though" I responded.

She nodded her head and went back up stairs.

I wonder what this is all about.

Myla POV

I shut the door behind me in a hurry. When I came in the room Jeremiah had Toni on his bare chest while she was sleeping.

"What happened?" He asked.

"My dad want me to call him for some important business, can you pass me my phone?" I told him.

He handed me my phone and I scrolled through my contacts finding his name and then I called him and put it on speaker.

On the second ring it answered.

"Yes dad? Kira told me you wanted to tell me something important?" I asked.

"Yes, as you obviously know, I'm getting old and I can't be in this drug dealing stuff at this age. So I'm retiring from it and just staying at home with your mother. But I obviously need someone to give the whole business too so I have decided to give it to Adrian so I wanted to let you know so it wouldn't be any surprises later on. I know he caused many hardships towards you but he's honestly the first choice when it comes to my drug business" he explained.

I stared at the phone in disbelief. "But he's in jail, how can he run it if he's in jail" I told him.

"There's not much really happening right now Myla, so I'm pretty sure ain't nothing really major gonna happen in 4 months time" he continued.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay who else did you let know?" I asked.

"Legend, Mateo, Julian, Kaeland and the rest of the trap but you know how they be so the word is going to spread out, Adrian has a very powerful mindset so I'm sure he'll do great with the business" he said.

I let out a sigh. "Okay, thanks for letting me know dad love you"

"Ight love you to" and with that we hung up the phone.

"Why you so worried for, we don't have nothing to do with that drug dealing shit no more" Jeremiah spoke out.

"I know, but what if he wants revenge on us or something? What if he demands legend and the rest of them to turn on us?" I worried.

"Girl shut the fuck up, you really think adrian ass gone do some dumb ass shit like that, the worst he can do is bring Miami in that shit cause me and you already found out Miami be hanging around them types of shit" he laughed.

"I don't know JJ, at this point I don't know what he's capable of" I responded.

"Stop worrying, you the mother of his kid and you been watching his kid as well so ion think he would do that, for Akiras sake most likely and Aries sake" he said then got up holding Toni then put her in her crib.

I thought about it for a minute and maybe jeremiahs right. Maybe Adrian isn't gonna do anything to me or my family when he gets out.

I should calm down.