Its April | Chapter 18

Akira POV
April 3rd
1:34pm

Here I stood in the church at this funeral, I didn't even want to go to this funeral because I hated them.

They were sad a depressing but I had to go. The pastors daughter then started singing heaven by Beyoncé and she sung it beautifully.

It made me shed a small tear of how good she was singing.

Every one was crying and sobbing but that couldn't be me at the moment, I was just blank.

After this I was going the place I originally planned to go instead of this funeral. But how could I not show my face here. It would be unlike me to.

After the service

Every one was starting to leave in their vehicles and ya know everyone was sad especially Dinero. Today was truly a sad day.

"Akira you want us to drop you off at the hospital now?" JJ said as we all got settled into the van.

"Yea" I replied.

He nodded his head and drove off.

At the hospital

I knocked on the door lightly and then I heard him. "Come in" his faint voice said.

I walked in and shut the door behind me. I looked at him and he was watching tv and eating some apple sauce.

"Damn bestfriend, what took you so long?" Lindsey scoffed.

"I had to go to dineros grandpas funeral" I said letting out a sigh.

"Damn, what he okay?" He asked.

"No he was pretty out of it, you know how close he was with his granddaddy" I said sitting down in the couch next to him.

"Yea" he replied.

Lindsey was in a coma since his incident and he finally had woke up on April 1st so he recently just woke up and I was so happy.

He didn't want to discuss any thing that happened that night until he was completely healed so that's a conversation I'm not going to bring up anytime soon.

The bullets were removed and since he lost a lot of blood, he needed to get some blood donated to him and his aunt donated some blood to him.

I wanted to be the one to give him blood but we didn't have the same blood type so I couldn't.

"Why you sitting over there for jhit, bring yo big headed ass" he said scooting over in his bed.

I got up and laid next to him and he put his arm around me.

"I missed doing this with you and shit Kira" he said putting down his apple sauce.

"Yea, I missed touching you too" I smiled.

"I know yo perverted ass did, like I told you I can never die so that's the last thing that should be on yo mind" he chuckled.

"I can't wait for my stomach to star healing so I can start eating normal shit instead of apple sauce and oatmeal everyday" he complained.

"It's okay, the more you don't think of it the faster the moment will come" I said then kissed his cheek.

"Mhm" he hummed.

"I wish I could stay the night with you but I gotta go to school tomorrow finally" I whined.

"Girl go get yo edumacation, ion know why you stopped going to school cause of me" he laughed.

It was true, I haven't been going to school at all since he got in the hospital. Dwyane or any body else haven't been messing with me either so I ain't have nothing to worry about but Lindsey.

I also kinda stopped talking to Eric but I can classes with him tomorrow so I'll probably start talking to him again.

"Boy boo, you the one that need to go back to school, you still a senior technically and you turn 19 in June" I told him.

"It's to much heat in that damn school for me, I can't go back.. I like being a damn drop out" he said.

"At least think about it for me please" I begged.

He shrugged his shoulders and continued to watch the television.

"Oh yea I forgot to tell you but you know deon right ?" I asked.

"Yea wassup with him?" He asked.

"He's having a pool party the weekend after this one coming up and I was going to go so I might not be able to be here with you that night" I explained.

"I'm probably gonna be out this bitch by then Kira so I might even go with you" he replied.

"Even if you are out ion want you coming you know how deon parties be like so I don't want you to be there cause you still going to be recovering" I told him.

"Fuck allat Kira, it's a pool party ass finna be everyyywheree and I can't miss out on that" he joked.

I rolled my eyes at him. "You a fucking trip Lindsey" I laughed.

"I gotta go in a minute though, I got a hair appointment and then I'm going to the mall to get a new bathing suit" I said getting off the bed.

"Wait" he said then I looked in his direction.

"You finna wear a actual bikini this time or a one piece like all the other times you go to a pool or a beach" he laughed.

"It's a surprised ugly I'll see you tomorrow after school, I love you" I said blowing him a kiss.

He suck his teeth and said that he loves me back and I left out his room.

I called a Uber back home to get ready for this hair appointment.