Chapter Thirty Six

"No please! Please!" I scream at them but they keep the gun pointed at my head, my hands reach for my belly but they are restrained, yet again. 

"Shut it! You and that baby have to die!" Slades car pulls out of no where, the cops are taken by suprise as Slade and his brothers charge out, the police turns back to me, my heart pumping and body shaking, Slade jumps on him but everything goes in slow motion, the cop pulls the trigger still aimed at me, he tumbles to the ground along with the other cop, Slade and his brothers beating the crap out of them, I search my body for any wounds and find none, Tammi and Mr. Ericson race to my side pulling me from the car and racing me to theirs, my arms still firmly bound, Slade and his brothers come running back to me, Slade has the keys in his bloody hands and gives them to Mr. Ericson, he unlocks my hand cuffs and we all pile in the car, everything is so frantic.

I sit in the middle seat, all chaos everyone trying to get my attention when a pain shoots through me. I yell grabbing Slades knee and my stomach. "Trella! Whats wrong?" How how do I hate those two words, just get with the program!

"I-I think im in labor, I cant be! Slade!" I yell tears in my eyes, I try breathing through the pain when everyone else seems to be screaming at Mr. Ericson to drive faster. "Slade this cant be happening, hes too small, hes not going to make it!"

"Yes he will, you two have been through so much together. Come on give me names, were going to meet him soon. He will be healthy I promise." I breathe grabbing his hand when my contraction ends, I sigh greatly and turn to him tears running down my face.

"I like Travis, and Trenton."

"I like Travis the best, I know that parents argue about names and what not, but this is serious, hes coming and we dont get the rest of our lives to decide."

"I-I like Jacob for a middle name, I want Jacob to always be with me." I sob hugging him tightly, I dont want him to come right now, my baby cant be born right now, hes going to be too small. Ms. Perfect did everything wrong and she had a perfect baby, me, Ive been abused and do everything right when someone is not trying to kill me and my baby is coming four months too soon.

"Okay, I love that Idea."

"Travis Jacob Ericson." I sob touching my stomach, my wrists even more raw, from the chains and now the hand cuffs. He strokes my back and that sets in another contraction, I wanted a home birth, I wanted my son to be happy and healthy, I have no baby clothes for him, I wanted to go to birthing classes with Slade. 

I pull away and breathe deeply giving in I lay back and wheeze, oh gosh this hurts, I dont know what I was thinking. "Good girl your doing beautifuly, just breathe." He tells me stroking my arm, I just want my baby in me, most pregnant women wouldnt mind having their pregnancy quick, me I dont, I want it as long as possible so my baby is safe. We pull into a hospital just as my contraction ends, I shove Slade out before the car even comes to a stop, I slide myself out, my legs are weak, terrified, I dont want my boy coming right now. "Its going to be okay, he will be healthy."

"Slade thats not helping me, nothing is helping me! My baby is not even five months inside of me and you say he is going to be healthy?! Hardly any babys that are born at five months are okay!" I scream at him, my own nerves racing, what mothers wouldnt!

I go inside without Slade he is either too hurt or too shocked to follow, I get up to the receptionist desk. "Hi my name is Trella Hadley, Im here for my C-section, Im having horrible contractions right now and Im only five months pregnant, I fell on my stomach can I please get into an exam room quickly to see if we can stop my contractions?" I ask her holding the bottom of my stomach feeling a contraction starting, I grab the top of the desk, I lean my head down and start to breathe feeling it come on stronger, Travis you better not come right now, mommy and daddy want to see you alive, and ten pounds when you pop out of mommys vag in four months.