Chapter Forty Two

(Arriving Home)

Slade lugs our bags inside and I sigh walking to our clean, and nice smelling home, this is our house, not all to ourselves but us four. Slade, Millie, me and soon the baby. I hobble over to the couch and crash there, Im too lazy to walk to our room right now, the flight was too long Im so glad the vacation was over it was too long for me. I couldnt do anything, which was sad. 

"Hey baby, are you hungry?"

"No, Ive eaten too much, but I have just a few weeks till Im in my third trimester, yay." I fake my enthuseasm scrunching up on the couch, the baby is kicking like crazy and I just want him to chill out. 

"Really? Thats so cool!"

"Yeah just three more months and I can get his baby out of me! I dont want another for a long time okay? So keep your sperm to yourself." I scold him and he is silent, I hear him shuffleing around in the kitchen and I just snuggle with my pillows, it is so comfortable here, I think I could sleep here forever. "Hey Slade? Can you do me a favor?"

"Yes, anyhing for you."

"Could you please massage my feet? They are killing me, and my legs?" He is instantly by my side smiling at me, he kneels down by my face stroking it softly.

"Do you want me to get your lotion?" He asks and I nod, Im probably going to go to sleep, that is what will end up happening.

"Could you rub lotion on my belly too? Its really dry and sore." He nods and rushes off to our room, I slide off my shirt so its  only my bra, my boobs are like falling out, I guess I need a new bra? I frown at that, I dont want another bra, but I know Slade loves them which is also another negitive, what if he doesnt love me once he comes because my boobs will be all saggy and go back to the other size? 

"Here is the lotion love." He comes over to me kneeling back down and squirts the lotion all over his hands and he starts lathering my swollen and dry belly. "Does this feel better?" He asks me getting every crease in my belly soothing it. 

"Yes, yes it does, thank you so much." I sigh closing my eyes and totally relaxing on our couch. His fingers work like magic, I love his touch on my hands, belly and feet. 

"Your welcome baby, go to sleep, I wont stop." I nod and start to drift to sleep, the baby kicks against  his hands making my groan, I now wont be able to because the baby is kicking again, and this is only the start, dont get me wrong I love the baby kicking, reminds me he is alive after all this horrible mess, I love the feeling I am supporting a small human beings life, creating it, protecting it, letting it grow. "Hes really kicking in there?" He chuckles  but I just nod, I just want him to let me sleep.

"Yeah..." I mutter putting my hand over my face, I just shut my eyes and force myself to go to sleep.

~^~*~^~@~^~*~^~

A loud gun shot fills the air, the sound jolts me awake, I open my eyes seeing Slade on the ground blood pooling around his stomach. I scream grabbing his phone and calling 9-1-1, I dont even know how I hae the mental ability to do so but I did, I run to his side panicking. "9-1-1 what is your emergency?" Tears run down my face seeing Slade ont he ground with blood already pooring out of him.

"M-my husband h-has b-been shot! P-please help!" I sob into the phone slipping my hand into Slades, Im so scared, how did this happen? Are they still in the house? Oh God he cant be dead! 

"Ma'am whats your address?"

"I-I dont know!" I scream terrified, why do they ask for the address if they can just track it? 

"Okay, stay calm ma'am the police are on their way, are you hurt?"

"No! My husband is!" I scream into the phone hysterically, i dont know what to do! I dont know what to think! 

"Get to safety, were on our way, is anyone in the house?"

"I dont know!" I scream sobbing, seeing all the blood is making me naseous. "Slade please wake up, Im so sorry." I sob into him holding his body tightly, I dont want him to be dead, hes the love of my life, he needs to see his sons birth, he needs to be here for it. I need him, I cant function with anyone else, he helped me through the hard time with Jacob. Soon the door sends a loud crack and jab to the floor and police come raiding into our home along with paramedics, they rush over  to Slade taking his pulse and what not before hauling him onto the stretcher. "Will he be okay?" I sob but they turn to me sitting me down on the couch now evaluating me. 

"Hes holding on, we will try to save him, are you okay?"

"Just save my husband please! Please save him!" I sob trying to tell them to get him to a hospital but they seem to be completly avoiding that subject and I freak. "Help him!" 

"We need to assess you." He says laying me down on the couch but I only scream at them, soon Jacob appears at my side, he grabs my hand.

"Hes here with me now, all you have to do is wait to push." I stare at him so confused, I cant wrap my head around anything thats happening, I shove them all away except Jacob, I hold him tightly hugging him and sobbing. 

"Ive missed you so much. Im so sorry everything is all my fault." I sob holding him, he hugs me back trying to soothe me.

"Its not, it was my choice and Im so proud of you Trella, now Im serious, take it easy." A large gush of warm water exits my body, I gasp looking down seeing all that water, oh god, oh god this cant be happning right now! No! "Okay its action time. Do what your body tells you to do." Jacob says positioning himself in between my legs, he slides off my pajamas and I want to die, Slade is gone and so will my son. "Push." I shake my head, I feel no pain, why am I supposed to push when I feel no pain? "Come on Trella do you want a healthy baby or not?" I nod my head sobbing and I push, but he quickly pulls up my boy, but...I didnt feel anything. He places him on my chest, hes a dark purple and hes the size of my palms, he doesnt move, breathe, or anything, he just sits here in my hands and I instantly start to sob harder, I scream seeing my dead baby in my hands, the size of my hands and I scream. He cant be gone too! I have nothing left of Slade!

"Your husband is dead." 

~#~+~#~+

I jolt awake, laying on the couch still, sweat trickles off my body, I quickly sit up looking at my belly I feel around my crotch area and I have no water, I look around and see no blood but Slade laying on the opposite couch sleeping. Tears start flowing down my face and I run to him and I lay on him hugging him and crying. Instantly his hands wrap around me hugging me. "Are you okay?" He asks me worry tracing his voice but I just cry holding onto him, that was the worst dream of my life.

"I am now." I cry, hes alive and well, I love him with all my heart, that dream felt so real, I just couldnt describe it and Im just gad that was all a dream.  "I love you."

_____________________________________________

Sorry its been a while, or a day or something since Ive updated, I graduated high school today!! Whoop im really excited. Please COMMENT and vote! I love you all thank you for the support!!!