Crashing Hard (Chapter 14)

The time was 10:30 p.m., and the weariness from the day's demands hung heavy in the air. Everyone yearned for the arrival of the end of the day. Entering the trailer and seeing what KT was holding, Marlow said, "Absolutely not."

"No, no. Don't worry, this is not for you," she said, hanging the fuchsia bustier onto a hanger. "I've separated the lingerie items that I think are more for you over here."

Limited by what was left, Marlow tried on the three remaining outfits. While they all provided coverage, none made her feel confident about wearing.

"Since you're supposed to be seductive in this scene," KT said, "I thought we could jazz up this black silk top and shorts with some accessories or hosiery."

"I like this," Marlow said, removing a cornflower blue silk robe covered in small cherry blossom vines from the rack of bustieres, corsets and lacey bodysuits.

"While this is gorgeous and looks beautiful on..." Holding the robe against what Marlow was already wearing, they both agreed that the two items did not work well together. Tapping her index finger against her upper lip, KT observed her client. Noting the flicker of interest in Marlow's eyes as she stroked the silk fabric, KT offered a slightly out-of-her-comfort zone alternative."

"What colour and style of bra and panties are you wearing?"

Taken aback by the unexpected question, Marlow's hands came up under her chin.

"Please, hear me out. If you absolutely hate my idea, we'll go with what you're currently wearing."

Timidly, Marlow answered, "My bra is pale pink with matching lace hipster panties."

"Perfect!" KT exclaimed, gently guiding Marlow towards the dressing room. "Change out of everything, but keep your undergarments on under the kimono," she instructed with a reassuring smile, her voice filled with encouragement.

"How's it going in there? Do you feel comfortable coming out and showing me what you look like?" KT asked, rubbing her hands together in nervous anticipation.

Pulling back the curtain, Marlow stepped out.

"I love this on you," KT said excitedly. "It brings out the pink tones in your cheeks and lips." Turning Marlow around to face a large, full-length mirror, she asked, "Do you mind if I make some minor adjustments?"

Loosening the tie around the waist just enough to pull the kimono up so it billowed slightly open, KT dropped the right shoulder down, exposing Marlow's bra strap and a hint of cleavage.

"What do you think?

Marlow fell into a thoughtful silence as she ran her hand down the cool-to-the-touch luxurious fabric. She had never thought wearing something as simple as a silk kimono would fill her with a sense of allure and romance. If she had a man, she would wear this for him.

"I absolutely love this. I really do. It makes me feel truly beautiful."

"Good," KT said, clearing her throat. "If you feel it's still too much skin showing, we can leave the shoulder covered and accessorize with a long string of pearls." Grabbing the longest strand of pearls she had, KT demonstrated, "If you just do this, trust me, it will give Ignazio the incentive to want to check out what's underneath."

Bursting into laughter, Marlow agreed that this was the outfit to wear.

***

Wrapped up in an oversized housecoat, Marlow stood behind the false door frame and listened as the screenwriter explained to Ignazio what she wanted him to do. Hearing an assistant call for "quiet on the set," Marlow clenched her sweaty hands. With a racing pulse, she closed her eyes and prayed for the scene to be over quickly.