Chapter One

Derek starts to chuckle nervously when I brought up the price talk. I smirk and get up, I walk over to the screen and sit down on the coffee table. I look down circling my finger around, as I wait for his answer.

"Okay then, better question for you Derek...what are you planning to do with this virus?" I look back to the screen and cross my arms.

"Well Ms. L/N I already took action." I raise a brow and get up, I walk closer to the screen. 

"Can you tell me what you exactly did?" I say sternly, I then start pacing the floor as he talks.

"I released it and started a whole chaotic upbringing to Washington D.C and China--" I cut him off pissed.

"Why would you do this? This isn't smart, this is terrorism, you know what--this offer is denied." I then storm off to my main control panel, ready to end the call right there, he then speaks up again. 

"Ms. L/N this is not good, since you know almost everything...I'll have to kill you." I scoff and stare at the screen hovering my finger over the button.

"Derek, we both know who's hunting who....and we both know who's closer to death." I smirk and end the call. 

I exhale and let my hand roam through my hair, I walk out the room and see Stella outside. I pull her aside while walking to the bedroom, spilling all the information I got. She nods knowing I won't be home for a few days. I quickly signal her to open my closet, she pulls out my tactical gear. 

I then see her leave, so I can change. I look over my clothes and stare at it for a bit, I lean down letting my hand hover over the cloth until I grab my device. I call my staff and wait til they answer in the main room.

"You all are free to leave, this is an emergency and I want you all to be safe. I'll be heading over to Tall Oaks, since the breakout isn't far--anyways remember to lock yourself in your homes." I end the call and change.

I throw on a black turtle neck and a pencil skirt with a slit behind me. I tuck in my turtle neck and tie my hair into a ponytail. I grab my thigh holster and hook it onto my left leg, I continue to put on my other holster. I take one of my machete's that was hanged on my wall and tuck it in, I grab my device and walk out into the main hall. 

I grab my keys and toss it into my right hand, I keep walking seeing all my staff leave. I then get my arm pulled into a dark room, I flip out my blade and swing the unknown body onto the wall, choking them with the machete. I flip on the light switch seeing Stella, my eyes widen and I back away while she grabs her throat in fear.

"Stella you know not to do that to me, anyways sorry." She collects her breath and waves her hand.

"It's fine, but I have to tell you that I want to stay here." I cross my arms and giver her a cold look. "I know it's dangerous but I can watch your house and things and--"

"Stella, I can't let you. You need to go home, please--my job isn't easy when the chaos comes to you."  She nods sadly and opens the door for me to leave, I feel bad and walk out the room turning to her. 

"Stay in the bunker and never open the door, I'll be back." She smiles brightly and runs to the bunker. 

I face palm myself as I leave my home,  get into my car and grip the steering wheel. I close my eyes and push on the gas. I crack my neck and make my way over to Tall Oaks, making me feel like it's gonna be a long ride there. After two hours I let one hand grip the wheel, making my senses relax as I see the breakout not near my area. I look straight ahead until a bus cuts me making me turn the wheel quickly.