Chapter Nine

I stand up, and hear a door creak open. I look back and watch the survivors walk out confused, they pile up in groups seeing the mess it made. 

"It's all good now, it's--dead." Murmurs start filing the room, Leon nudges me, my head snaps toward him. I follow behind, and shove my blade away. Before entering the opened altar I get a text, I pull out my device and see a payment I got.

My mind goes back to earlier, when I killed those guys at the club. I close my eyes and shut off the glass screen. I push the thought in the back of my mind and keep up with Helena and Leon, the tunnel gets darker by each step. I then get another alert, I confusingly notice the name, and quickly feel my mouth go agape.

"You seem busy?" My head raises up seeing Leon look back at me, my eyes trail down to the call. 

"Yeah, you could say that. I think I'll catch up with you guys later, I need to take this." Leons expression falls, am I running again? No I'm not--I quickly depart from them and go into a other room, answering the call. "What do you want from me?"

"I think that you know--you seem frightened, are you alright?" He smirks, knowing about what I've seen. "Now, I heard about Ada and you--"

"Wait What?" Does he think that he's onto something? We aren't working together like that, we're trying to take him down of course but...

"Be careful, and think about the sides you choose to be on. I'll be sending you something, make sure to take a look at it." The call ends, and I get coordinates somewhere.

I follow the coordinates and notice it's around, closer than I think. He knows something, he wants me to be afraid. The more I explore, I notice they were testing things here, files are scattered. A lot of computers surround a specific area, test tubes show something in them. It like a egg or parasite, but it's dead. 

I reach my main point and find a specific room, what the hell is this? I slowly walk up to the bright screen, a video starts to play. My eyes watch the tape, noticing it's the same room I just passed. The camera zooms up on a computer screen, I read the text--they're making something. The camera then zooms out and goes over to...me?! In a glass tube, he's making me into a monster. If he was going to do this, then why contact me--I put my hand over my mouth and look down. He wanted me to do his dirty work, I'm gonna be placed in the middle of his plan.

I look back up and watch a shadow reflecting from the screen, I try to turn around although they slammed my head onto the table. I groan and pick myself up, as I turn around I notice it was Ada. She grabs my hair and drags me onto the ground, her glove wrap around my hairs. I struggle and kick my legs, confused. I then whip my legs and knock her down, I roll away and cough. 

I slowly get up clenching my fists, she smirks and takes out a knife. I get my pistol but she kicks it out of my hand. My gun flies to the other side of the room, Ada then swings at me, I duck watching the blade almost catch my neck. I grit my teeth and grab her arm, I pry the blade trying to take it away from her. Ada pushes into my chest, I feel the cold sliver trace onto me. I spin us around and back-flip away. I land and look up seeing her amused, her eyes scroll down, I tilt my head looking at my chest.

My shirt was ripped right at my bra, only showing the top part along with a bit of cleavage. I scoff and look up, seeing that she was gone. I pick up my gun pissed, I then get a text from Ada. Funny, cause now I'm about to kill this bitch. I put my device away and feel my blood pumping from anger.