Chapter Eighteen

He thinks that we might die? Is he holding onto me for a sense of relief, or is he giving up. I brace myself or impact, squeezing his hand. I stare off into the crates, knowing it'll help our fall. We bust through multiple crates and I feel myself fly back. My body slams against the wall as we land, I weakly fall down to the ground. My legs brace my fall as I stare at the ground, my hands are open, letting my palms feel the soft carpet.

I feel someone lift my left arm, I raise my head looking to see who it was. Leon holds his side in pain, trying to help me get up. I allow myself to weakly stand, giving him extra weight, I take my arm back, and watch him stumble. I catch him by letting my arms fall onto his chest, he hovers over me, as I try to hold him up. The fog surrounds inside the plane, making it harder to breathe and see. I look over and notice Helena found a opening out, I let Leon put his weight on my shoulder, letting my hand glide to his back.

We all go outside, seeing fire surrounding the plane, butt he crates made a open path for us. I help Leon, until he starts to stand up straight. I let my hand come back to myself, letting him fight it off without me. We then hear a name being called, making us all turn around.

"Leon!?" I look seeing the familiar face once again, her face looks at mine. Her expression shifts, making her speechless. "Y/N....you're alive." I take steps forward, she's grown up so much.

"Sherry Birkin, you've grown over the years." Her eyes lighten up, she runs and gives me a warm hug. I separate from her, looking at her. "Look at you, so grown up." I chuckle and hold her by the shoulders. I then look over her, seeing the man--Jake? "Jake Muller?"

"Sorry have we met?" He says, looking over at Sherry then me.

"No, but back then....I'm glad we haven't." I state, Sherry backs up from me and stands by Jake. I look at Jake, noticing that he's nothing like his father--glad he doesn't look like him. "What're you doing here anyway?"

"I'm on protective detail." She says proudly, I look down--when did she become an agent? I then look back up. "Why are you here?"

"We're tracking the man who did all this, Chief Security Advisor Simmons." I suddenly feel a vibration, my hand finds my phone and I see it's a call.

"What?!" My focus snaps to Sherry. "There must be some sort of a mistake, I report to Simmons." I take out my phone and notice a call from him--the man I've been avoiding--Simmons.

"Where is he?" Leon says deeply, tilting his neck, he slowly walks to Sherry upset. Jake pushes him back and Sherry stops him. Jake pulls Sherry aside to speak, I pull out my device and stare at Simmons name. I stand in front of Leon, thinking of what I should do.

"I have to go...." I say low, I try to walk away until Leon grabs my arm, turning me around.

"No, not now." I look down at the call then back up to him, I have no words to say--I'll have to depart.

"Watch out!" Helena shouts, Leon turns his head I watch a large thing fly. I tug Leon's arm making him fall onto the ground with me. I grip onto him by his neck, wrapping my arms around his closely. My eyes shut as the thing passes by, it explodes and I look up, my breathing calms as I look down at Leon.

His eyes look down, before he meets my face again. He gets up and so do I, I look at the call and see him ring up again. A large figure stands above the plane, I take out my grapple gun and run away, sticking onto a tower. My right leg bends, making my ankle touch my knee, I escape that madness and land. I answer the call, seeing his amused expression, I roll my eyes and end the call right away.