Chapter Twenty-Nine

We all back up onto the helicopter watching it climb up, I turn and quickly open the door. Seeing the make-up and a rocket launcher. I grab it and yell Leon's name.

"Leon!" I state, he turns and I throw the launcher. He catches it and aims it at Simmons, he shoots the rocket, letting it explode. 

I run to the edge dropping down on my knees, watching as Simmons mutate into his natural human form. He screams and reaches a hand out, he body then hits a needle, piercing his torso. Blood filling the ground around him, we all stare in silence as we watch his body almost mutate, but only black seeps out. I back off, allowing my hands to rest on my thighs still sitting on the ground. My head shoots up, I forgot about Chris...I wonder if he's okay?

I instantly get up and take out my grapple gun, I run to the edge and aim it. Although Leon yells and beats me to it.

"No!" Leon exclaims as he grabs my wrist pulling it down. His body gets close to mine as he stares into my eyes, breathing heavy. 

"We'll meet again, very very soon. Right now, I need you to trust me." He slowly retrieves his hand, and gives me space. I aim up and quickly go away, not wanting to looks back. 

I need to know where Chris is, he must be in trouble. Shit! I threw my device when I was on the buildings. I'll go back home, and start from there, since I have nothing else to be doing. I stop in the street, seeing all the cars blocked. I walk through, it's weird almost too peaceful. Fire from the cars light up a way, as I squish myself in between cars. 

I see bodies everywhere, they were infected but not anymore I guess. China is gonna be quarantined, so I better move quick. I sprint pass the street only to find more cars, I sigh and look behind me, checking to see if anything starts moving my way. I feel a large gust of wind, I turn and aim my pistol seeing Ada. I lower my gun and see her amused face being captured by the flame near us. 

"Come on, I got us a way out. Problem is, that we will be stopping at Tall Oaks." She says, I look down and nod. "Okay, follow me."

(Leon's Point of View)

I watch as she leaves, hearing Helena get closer. My head turns to her, but not wanting my eyes to meet with hers. I then see her hand holding the make-up case, I take it and look up at her.

"For the next time you see her." She states, I smirk and get into the helicopter with her. We lift off of the helipad, and I turn away, leaving this place behind me. "Now I know she's more than a friend." I scoff and focus on driving back.

(Y/N Point of View)

My head rests on the glass, I slowly blink as I stare out the window, watching lights pass by. After I only see the ocean, making me remember the plane crash, I shake my head and look over to Ada. Her hands firmly grip the wheel, as she maintains her focus on the ride home, our relationship is complicated. She's not an enemy but not a friend either, I don't mind it as much. 

Whatever agency she works for, she's lucky that they always have an escape plan. She leaves them right after, which is smart. I'll at least give her that, I roll my eyes playfully and look out the window once more. I've made up my mind, I'll be working for the DSO, but I'll be unknown. I can't work for them fully because of what I've done in the past. Leon and Chris maybe had an influence, so when I see them again I'll thank them---If I'll remember after a good rest. 

I spot land again, seeing the destruction get fixed, like everything is back to normal. The president is still gone, making me shiver in fear thinking about new people trying to take out the Vice President. We'll cross that bridge when we get there, I don't wanna jump into the future yet.