Chapter Thirty

We arrive to Tall Oaks, I hop off and salute Ada away. She leaves, making me watch her depart, I use my hand to cover my forehead. Letting myself focus on the lights of the helicopter, my hand falls as I look around my area. It's turning dark, I don't got time, shit! I should've asked Ada if she could let me borrow hers. I start walking seeing lights from afar, they're already fixing everything? I thought Quarantine would've hit...whatever, I need to find a hotel and stay there, making sure I don't bring unwanted attention to Stella. 

I start walking in another direction, since the way I was going was the little city-town thingy. I peacefully walk, and see the street lights working again. I won't work for the DSO, Leon would eventually figure it out. I don't want our world's to mash up just yet, especially knowing that I'm a target for people. It'll hurt but being safe--him being safe, is better than nothing. I see the white house, being surrounded by police and the BSAA. I hope Chris is here, I shouldn't even be close to this place right now. 

I run up to a brick wall, pressing my back against it. I peak around seeing no sight of Chris or his partner. I curse under my breath and look up at the sky, they must be inside, if they're not I am absolutely screwed. I aim my grapple onto the flag, seeing the hook wrap out in the middle of the pole. I fly and roll onto the entrance, I look back seeing it cleared, I run in confused. These halls seem like they could go on forever. I lean over a wall seeing an elevator, good, glad I won't be running up any stairs. 

I press the button, seeing it glow a bright white light. I put away away my grapple and cross my arms, I stand and tap my foot. I look around, turning my head to the right, seeing men walk my way. The elevator dings, I then panic as I see the doors slide open. I watch hands come at me, I try to yell. The hands cover my mouth, the mysterious person pulls me in the elevator, I angrily push his back against the wall. The elevators door close, I propel myself up, letting my legs hit the doors. I walk up the doors and flip over him, I land and turn around, he pushes me back on the wall. I grunt and look at him, it was Leon.

I furrow my brows and shove his hands away, I stare up at him angry.

"You could've got hurt, BSAA are everywhere in this place." He states, I scoff and cross my arms again.

"Oh hey Y/N, come inside the elevator why don't you--fuck! You should've said that instead of grabbing me." I release my arms and wipe my face, pushing hair away. He raises his hand and places it on my cheek. "I came here to talk to Chris." His hand disappears, and lowers his face. 

"Why do you need to talk to him?" He asks, standing away from me, the doors open but he presses another floor.

"He doesn't know that I was a clone, he deserves to know it wasn't me. We aren't best friends but...he means something to me." His arms cross. "You know what I mean. You're acting like you and Ada aren't the same thing." I chuckle sarcastically, and press the lobby floor. "I'm leaving, obviously he isn't here."

"Where are you going?" I turn my head towards him.

"To a hotel, I can't lead anyone to my house. I don't want them to get killed just because I want to sleep." I sigh, and he stands closer.

"Who is he?" I tilt my head at him. Questions and questions this man keeps giving me...is he jealous?

"She is amazing." He chuckles lowly, "She's a close friend, her name is Stella." The floor arrives, the door opens and I walk out, hearing his footsteps behind me. I stop and see his stop as well.

"I'll come with you. It's dangerous around, especially with your reputation." He takes the lead, I smirk following behind. He wants to come, he wants more questions answered.