Chapter Twelve

I continue to let my head bury into his chest, not wanting to look up. He holds me tight, as I keep myself covered. My head turns to look at Helena when Leon yells out her name, Deborah is walking towards her. Helena tries to reach out but she falls, or I thought she did. Helena holds onto her arm as she dangles off, just like how I almost did. I feel Leon tug lightly, wanting to go over to Helena and save her. I release my arms from him, still feeling afraid--I quickly hold out my left arm shielding him. 

Helena wants this moment, only between her and her sister. I keep staring at Helena, feeling sorry for her but more for myself. Leon peeks down at me, while I still keep my gaze on them. His hand falls, leaving my lower and upper back. 

"No more tears." Helena says, struggling to keep them in. "Not until I avenge your death, please....forgive me." Helena releases her sister, making her yell and fall down into the abyss. Helena keeps looking as she falls, she grips the wooden boards, making her teeth grit together. "I'm gonna make him pay for this."

Ada finds her way towards Leon and I, we exchange looks as Helena stands up. I nod at her, making sure she nods back. She did, I decide to meet up with her first, wanting to know more about what she's been through with him. She explains everything to us, I'm more upset that all three of us got played by him. 

"That sounds like Simmons alright." Ada says sarcastically, she turns to me giving me a wink, I sigh and shake my head.

"Why would he do all this?" Leon asks us both, making his hands lift a bit from anger. I tilt my head and bite my lip.

"Long story." I state nervously. A call then comes for Ada, making her take out her phone, looking at the contact. She looks back up to us, my brows furrow--could it be him? 

"We're up against the people who really run this country..." Ada starts speaking as she paces towards us, she pats my back and I look at her. She smirks and gives me a signal with her eyes, "We'll meet later you and I. Anyways we're in a game now, so if you don't play your hand right..." She chuckles low, and whips out her grapple gun. "Just a tip, especially for you." She swings her grapple at me, like she would with her hand.

She attaches herself to high levels, and flies away. I stay looking at her, piecing together everything still. I look at the corner of my eye, seeing Leon's stare I turn to look at him. He opens his mouth but quickly closes it when a ringtone comes up. He answers in a split-second, I hear his operator answer. He asks the question I was dreading to hear, once his voice appears my eyes widen. I keep my back against the phone not wanting to see his face. I block out everything trying to stay calm, I can't expose myself now.

"Tell me, is it true you were the only ones present at the time of his death?" I turn around and stare at him. The presidents dead? I furrow my brows in a bit of anger that he wouldn't tell me, I watch his eye look at me and switch back to the device.  Simmons knows, he could know that I'm still here with them.

"What're you saying?" Leon says, not moving a bit. Simmons accuses them more, it can't be true. Helena screams bloody murder, that I start to think.

Helena breached into the presidents facility, meaning the white house. This outbreak was in Washington D.C, he told me that right before the call ended. Simmons wanted the white house to be breached so he could infect the president with the virus---or let the virus get to him by guards or employees. If Leon and Helena were there....that means they killed him when he was infected. They're innocent, if they were guilty still then the DSO would be in trouble--not them...orders are orders after all, I think I have an idea.