Chapter Thirty-One

I shrugs off his brown jacket, revealing his clothes. I stare at his shirt, seeing the top a bit open, allowing me to look at the top of his chest. I clear my throat and look away, feeling something heavy being placed on my shoulders. I look seeing his jacket around me, I slip my arms in it and watch him face me. His hands reach up to my face again, he then grabs the collar of the jacket pull it up. I move a bit from his sudden action, feeling the strength he has, I look at the collar seeing it reach up to my cheekbones.

He's smart, I could be a survivor to these people if I cover my face. Guess this is the plan to exit, it isn't a bad one I suppose. He faces forward and wraps an arm around me, pushing myself close to him. I look up and watch his eyes narrow down to me, is this necessary?

"Like every girl you save is always leaning up against you." I roll my eyes, he moves his arm away with a smirk.

"They always do." He states as he walks off. I quickly follow behind upset at what he said, it took me a second to realize. 

I walk next to him, giving us space while covering my face. I know he rescues a lot of people, but I didn't think women would be all over him. My eyes look down, as my mind starts to roam. Do they flirt with him? Maybe he's just playing with my head, I don't even know why I am still thinking about this. I sigh and keep following Leon's lead, seeing guards stare at me, my eyes turn away as Leon turns a quick corner. 

I turn as well, seeing some paramedics waiting on standby while treating others. One looks over at me, I turn my face as they approach. I slide to the other side of Leon, peeling myself away from them, but I was too late. 

"Hi! Come over to the ambulance van, we can run some checks on you. Seeing if you have any injuries of course." I stay silent and watch Leon stand in front of me. 

"She's with me. I've ran checks on her, she's clean." They nod and clear the way, Leon pulls me up with him as we walk away. I slide my hand out of his still annoyed, I grip onto the collar and continue walking.

We get closer to a parking lot, I notice a few cars parked. Leon turns to one car and presses a button, unlocking both doors. I go to the other side, sliding into the passenger seat and pulling off the jacket. I toss it to the back and stare straight forward. Leon locks the car and grabs the steering wheel. We pull out of the parking lot and he drives towards the nearest hotel.

"I don't allow those women to move forward." My head turns towards him, tired of his bullshit. "I save them, I see them as survivors, that's all." He turns into the hotel parking lot. "I see you as something different." He smirks as he parks, he leaves the car. I follow his movements, feeling a bit better. 

"I don't blame those women. I mean it's the same for the men who want me." I shut the car door and head towards the building smirking as I walk. We enter the lobby, I hold up my hand and prepare to speak, until Leon cuts inf front.

"Suite, one night." He states sternly, why is he getting us a suite? I'm not that expensive, I wanted a regular room. He swipes the room key card and goes towards the elevator, I enter, as he presses the fourth floor. I lean on the elevator bars as we go up, silence fills the air. 

"I hope you know I was joking." I say with a lazy head turn. "It was payback." I smirk, "Seriously, why the suite?"

"I thought you would've wanted a suite." I shake my head. "Well, maybe we deserve it, you and I." I look at him, is he implying we're gonna---. "It'll be good to relax, and sleep on a nice bed."