Chapter Twenty-Three

I run up to the ledge and watch my body fall, blood seeping through the heart. I watch a tear fly up in slow motion, making her head turn. Her eyes spot mine as she falls, her body is completely still. She smiles and just like that--she was already gone, I push my stomach against the brick railing. My body splats, making a puddle form around the corpse. I raise my hand to my mouth and watch as I die out. 

I kneel hiding my body from the outside, pressing my back against the railing. My hands travel up to my hair. I sit up looking over the ledge, seeing my body gone, the sight alarms me to stand up. The wind blows through my hair, blocking my vision with only some strands. I suddenly come to the realization. I know she wasn't fully human, but what is she?! I back off letting myself collect my feelings and thoughts. 

I then turn around, finding the staircase. Every step down I take is a stressful one, as I start to think of the different possibilities of what this thing could be. I bust out the door, feeling the fresh air hit my face. I panic and look around, seeing nothing but the pool of blood sprayed all over where she laid. I jump hearing her walk towards me, I turn around taking out my pistol and aiming it at her.

She looks down at her wound, as lifts her hand and I watch the bullet leave her chest with a blood stream. It gracefully falls onto her hand, making the bullet shiny as blood drips around it. When I stabbed her with the electricity stick, I thought it would stun her for good, but it seems she needs a lot more than that. She smirks, tilting her hand slowly, letting both the bullet and blood fall off. She slowly walks up to me, I can't move--why can't I move!? My legs start shaking as she leans into my startled expression. 

She smiles and blinks quickly, showing me her full white, glossy eyes. Her hand goes on my gun and pushes it down. I watch her chuckle wile touching my neck, I wince feeling a sharpness cutting through my skin. Her hand retracts and I watch a drop of my blood laying on her nail, she flicks it away.

Without flinching I stare at her, watching as she grabs the collar of my coat. Her eyes blink again, showing my normal eye color. I bring my hand up, grabbing her wrist as she tightens her grip. 

"You were once my target, but now you're my enemy." She shoves me away, making me fall to the ground. "You have the bloody hands, and now the world knows it. I'll start to break you down in different ways, so you'll feel like dying yourself." She walks towards me, I crawl back and watch her loom over my body. "So, who's the real who now?" She furrows her brows and scrunches up her nose. "Monster."

She turns and walks away, I hold my throat and feel the stinging pain. I look at my hand seeing the fresh blood still leak out. I wipe my hand and get off the ground, I look back on the spot where she died. I watch as the red liquid turns to white, like a parasite spreading a virus. My head shoots up, staring off into the distance. She's carrying the parasite, she carrying the thing itself. Leon!? I dial Ada quickly, she answers instantly which threw me off guard for a second.

"Ada I'm gonna need a favor." 

"I'm already on it, we're close to taking them down." I smirk and feel confident again, knowing the future. She's going after Leon, saying she's gonna break me down in different ways. Although she can't follow through if I get there first. "I'm coming in."

I look in the distance seeing a helicopter approach the pad, I end the call and drop my arm down. She lands the helicopter and I jump tot he ladder, as I climb up she opens the door. I slip in and hold onto the hand rest.

"Let's go." I states as I look at her, she smirks and shakes her head.

"I can tell she got under your skin." Ada says before lifting us off the ground.