Chapter Twenty-Four

We fly over the broken cities, smoke and fire surround some areas. While other areas are filled with corpses and zombies. Sometimes you wonder how this happened, how it took the steps to spreading all over. I notice where we're at, I confusingly look at the traffic and watch a rescue helicopter center down. As we pass it I watch it fly up, and hit the train, grazing it with fire. I gulp hard and turn back around, not wanting to look at the nightmare.

"Ada, cover me, I'm going to go back there." She nods and keeps steering the helicopter. I climb back, I go onto the seats peaking at the nightmare again. I then notice it disappeared, my sense kicks it. I slightly turn around, while keeping my hands gripped to the seat. "Ada."

"What is it?" I walk forward to my seat, plopping down and holding on again.

"Something isn't right." I point at the location filled with trucks and BSAA guards. "Go." Ada makes a sharp turn and flies over, shinning the light.

The first person I spot is Simmons, looks distorted. His skin was breaking into pieces like a river would to a forest. I jump in the back and start lowering the ladder to climb back up, Ada nudges me. I turn my back seeing in the corner me walking--wait me walking? She's here...I watch her walk out, Leon turns to her. She places a hand on her hip and tilts her head, she slowly walks over to him. I have to get down there now! I toss the ladder and watch her grin, I take out my grapple gun. 

Simmons continues to stand there, knowing what she'll do. He plans to use her as a distraction, I place one leg on the ladder and look up. I watch as she blinks her eyes, no she's getting ready to kill him. Leon lowers his gun a bit, I slide down the ladder a bit and watch her start to charge at him. Her hands have combat gloves, but I watch as her nails grow longer. She runs even faster, I click my grapple and climb on the helicopter. 

I jump and swing at her, I watch her face change to a scared one. I yell as I crash into her, we roll on the ground. I sit up and flip away, she stands up quickly as I jump on her, I flip her over and put her in a headlock.

"Breaking me down little by little huh?" I tighten my grip on her, keeping my eyes on her. "That I would want to die?" I choke her, she struggles to breathe. "If I should die, then why am I not dead yet?" I grunt and throw her, she rolls and stops herself on all fours. I look up and take out my stick, pointing it at Simmons. "You're next." The electricity sparks up as I finish my sentence.

"You're still alive." Leon says, I look at him seeing his shocked expression.

"In the flesh." I smirk, and start to walk over to the clone. I grab her shirt and see her hurt, I chuckle and switch my stick to my grapple gun. "You two have something to deal with down here--" I get cut off as my clone swings at me, I grab her throat and slam her down. She then aims something up, and flies to the second floor of this place. I salute them both and Ada as I do the same.

I land and take out my stick again, I effortlessly flip it and turn the shock on. She looks at me, smirking with her claws out. I bring the lighted stick up to my head, and get in a fighting position. I smirk as the blue light shines throughout the side of my eyes, Ada covers Leon, Helena and I by staying around. My clone stares at me, and starts to get angry.

"You're a monster." I cock my head, feeling it crack.

"Now we're one and the same." She charges at me, I cart-wheel to the right, letting her pass. I land and block her, she blocks me back. Our foreheads touch as we stare into each others eyes.