Chapter Five

We find Leon and walk the bridge over to the cathedral, I trail behind Helena and Leon feeling weird. I slowly walk bringing my hand up to my shoulder, I feel the liquid almost dried, I bring my hand back seeing a big of fresh blood. I close my eyes and hold back a strange urge I've always had since Spain. I gag and close my eyes, I wipe the blood off and try to focus on something else. 

We knock on the door hearing survivors, they won't let us in because they're afraid. Zombies start coming through the gates, surrounding us even. Leon and Helena start fighting them off, I run up close to the door, I pound on the old wood.

"What?! We are not letting--" This person that is speaking is probably the leader, he's trying to save them all.

"Yeah yeah! I get that but what if we clear them out? Deal?" I hear silence, I knock on the wood harder and yell. "Deal!?" I stare at the door until a faint voice comes through.

"Deal." I nod and signal them both. I step down from the steps and help them clear out the decayed people around the door. We slowly start to struggle, they just keep coming in.

I whip out my blade flipping it in my hand, I start slicing around me and get that sick feeling again. I shake my head and hear the wooden doors start to open slowly, I yell over to Helena and Leon. Helena runs inside first, I follow seeing Leon slam the door on a zombie. I flip my blade again and hit the zombie in the head. My blade gets stuck, I forcefully rip it out and watch the body fall outside.

I put my blade away and start walking inside, seeing multiple groups of people sitting around. Most are watching but a few are praying, I get stopped by two men, I look at both confused.

"Are you...?" I open my mouth, before I could answer Leon does it for me. He walks up beside me and speaks.

"Sorry guys, we're not rescue workers." Leon's expression changes, showing that he's upset. Years and years he's been doing this, and he can't help but feel guilt. Helena then points at the altar, I look at it and see a split int he middle of it.

"There's a secret door by the altar, that leads underground. We need to find a way to open it." She drops her arm and Leon with suspicion looks at her.

"Wanna tell me what's down there?" Leon asks, I stare at him seeing his blue eyes shimmer with curiosity.

"It's better if I show you." I chuckle making them both look at me, I look down then up.

"I have heard that sentence too much." I smirk and start to walk away, I look around while we split up--or what I thought was going to happen.

"Can we talk?" I jump a bit hearing him whisper in my ear, I turn my head seeing his face inches away. I look to the right and nod, he cocks his head to a room, I walk in as he shuts the door.  "Why do you always find me? Everything we get close you leave, and it's for a reason--so tell me." He gets real close to me, I stare up at him. "What. Is. The. Reason."

"I can't tell you, it could put a target over your head." He scoffs and backs away from me, he stares at the wall.

"Do you like playing games?" My brow furrow, I start getting confused. "Do you like toying with me?" He turns around, I notice him a little hurt, my arms stay beside my body. 

"Leon don't think that--no okay? I don't do that, it's just....I have done things, and they aren't good." My thoughts suddenly gets scrambled, I can't think anymore.

"I just want the truth and I know sometimes you can't give that to me. Drop this charade and--" I run up to him, pressing my lips against his. He grabs my waist and firmly grips it, I hold his face and feel myself relax. I deepen the kiss, he then puts his hand behind my neck and connects more to my body.