Chapter Seventeen

I hold up the phone to my ear, and hear only two rings. I start to get nervous until she finally answers.

"Hey Stella, I need you to do one more thing." She hums in response, she was sleeping....damn. "Cut through where Simmons talks about the attacks and locations, put that on a drive and mail it to China. Mail it in something, to make it non-druggy or suspicious."

"On the way Ms. L/N, goodbye." She ends the call, I shove away my device and shake the nerves off. I collect myself and open the door, shaking erupts through the plane--making me fall back. I grunt and hold myself steady.

It stops for a second, I take the moment and pull myself out the small room. I stumble to the wall across. I take a few steps and see something on the lights, I mumble under my breath staring at the shadow. 

"What the fuck?" The large thing crashes down in front of me, I scream and kick it into the room I was just in. I slam the door on it's head, seeing the gas release, I hold my breath and head bud it. It goes in and I shut the door, holding my back on it. "Move!" I yell at the other passengers, I struggle to hold it, this thing was like the same one at the Cathedral. 

The door shakes more and more, suddenly a harsh bump pushes me against the wall I was just on. The plane stables and I turn around, the monster swings but I duck, I grab my blade and hold it by the throat, pushing it back. The thing grabs onto my blade and chucks me across, I roll and land. It corners me up to a door with a big red wheel, I spin it and slide through hearing a big bang as I push my back on the door. 

The door opens again, I pull out my pistol and aim it, seeing Helena runs through while Leon opens the door. I lower my gun and my expression turns into a scared one.

"It wasn't on the other side anymore....." Leon turns around and Helena walks closer to me.

"What?" I start looking up, feeling unsafe. Helena then touches my shoulder, making my eyes go to her. "What's wrong?"

"It's in here with us, I just closed he door to get away from it. The door you guys just entered." Leon runs over to the red control box, and starts getting it open.

"You two cover me!" Helena and I nod to each other, our agreement ends as the thing drops down in front of us again. It squeezes out the same blue gas from before, filling the entire room up. Helena and I split up, holding our breath and shoot at it.

"Here!" Helena passes me something, I catch it and see it was a stick? I press a button, seeing electricity shine in my eyes. "I saw that you lost your blade, thought you would need a replacement." 

I open my mouth to thank her, but before I could get a word out, the plane latch opens. We all slide and fall, I hold on to the pole that keeps this thing closed. I slowly crawl up, behind Leon, a large cart slides down. I can't dodge it, there's no way, I look at the opening with the pole. I swing myself through and use my legs to stand. I kneel and grab onto the plane almost inside, I throw myself in and hold on. 

Leon then shuts the latch, I hear their operator speak through their earpiece. Leon signal us to follow through. We run and hold our breath seeing the blue fog explore the plane, we make it to the pilots room. I look at the panel showing the pressure, we messed the pressure up--the plane will crash. I turn my head seeing Leon take control of the plane, as infected flow through. The pilot was that thing, Simmons must've planned this all before. 

I slide next to Leon, taking the other seat. I help him out, pushing the buttons he needs. I watch as we get lower to the ground, my hand gets squeezed. I look at my hand, seeing Leon holding it. I look at him, he's focused on the plane.