Chapter Eight

Leon continues to shoot all the bells, I watch as the five of them swing back-and-forth. I then look back to the room seeing metal gates being lifted. I sprint over seeing a blue Madonna, I grab it and examine it. This must be the last piece of the puzzle, the altar should open by now. I lift the Madonna and shake it a bit, signaling we're good to go. 

I leave the room and keep a tight grip on the Madonna, I then stop and see a door open beside the staircase. I walk through it seeing the cathedral again, Leon then nudges me towards two blue pillars. I follow him and place mine down, he does the same. We watch the altar split it half, seeing the statue lift above it.

A curious man walks toward the dark opening, confused but unsuspecting of what could happen. The room goes silent as the man creeps more into the entrance, I start to hear noises. Heavy but wet footsteps also appear, a disgusting monster steps out. It has holes covering it's body, and a wide mouth gaping. The thing yells and swings itself around madly, the beast then chatters it's mouth playfully, looking around at the survivors. 

The man pulls out a pistol and shoots at it, the monster releases a toxic gas around him. I grip Leon's jacket, and hold myself on his forearm, still keeping my eyes locked on the monster. The man yells and holds his face in agony. The remaining survivors start running back to the main entrance where we first came from. 

"Leon we have to get down there." My grip tightens on him, as I stare onto the man infected. A woman comes by his side to help him, only to be infected as well. 

"I'm guessing that's what unleashed this hell."  Leon states, he grabs my hand and runs onto the chandelier, I jump with him and land. His grip tightens on me as we jump again, landing safely onto the ground. 

I take out my pistol and watch it charge towards me, I put pressure on the trigger and relax. As I about to shoot I feel Leon grab my arm, the bullet flies and hits the chandelier above the thing. It crashes down and I drop onto the ground. I shake my head and push myself up, I look at Leon and notice I'm on top of him. I quickly get up and give him a hand to get up, he quickly then points his gun at the beast. 

We shoot at this beast, seeing it take more damage, but slowly. I help the remaining survivors get into a room, I yell at them to stay put until the beast is dead and the gas is gone. I slam the door on them and turn around. I run up and shoot the thing, I take out my blade and cross it under the pistol. I jump over long benches and slice the body, he swings making me duck. I stand up and try to take another swing, my eyes widen as I flip my body backwards. 

Leon and Helena take the final hits for me, they retreat back seeing the thing shake around. It screams as gas releases, I flip my blade and hold it onto the sharp end. I grunt loud as I throw it with all the speed I have. It flies through the air, I get nervous hoping I didn't miss my shot. I exhale seeing the strand of hair in front of my face lift a bit, the blade hits the beast in the forehead. It stops shaking and yelling, it takes steps back until it falls onto the floor. 

"Nice shot." Helena calmly states while letting her gun fall, she smirks at me. I shrug a bit and tilt my head, not knowing how to respond. We all slowly walk over, as we approach the body it starts to disappear. 

"This is a replica of Raccoon City all over again, but even worse this time." I grab the handle of the blade, struggling a bit since the wood took it. I take it out and examine it's blood, it's blue?