Chapter Six

I stumble a bit and fall onto the table behind me, Leon hovers over me. He continues to grab my hips as his lips trail down to my neck. I groan at the feeling as he kisses my neck, I hum trying to hold my yelps. Before he does down more, I place my hands on his chin, bringing him up to my lips. We kiss for a bit, until I start to realize something, I peel away from Leon trying to get air. He places his hand on my cheek and stares into my E/C eyes.

"L-Leon we shouldn't be doing this now--especially in a cathedral." He slowly backs away from me, I hop off the table bringing my skirt down.

"You're right, we should help Helena find the passage." My eyes shuffle over to a statue sitting on a pillar. 

"We'll continue this later..." I state patting his chest, I walk over seeing a red Madonna. I pick it up and bring it over to Leon. "You think this is a puzzle key?" I give the statue to Leon, he grabs it looking at it as well.

"I think so, let's see if Helena found one." I nod and put some hair behind my ear, Leon walks out of the room. I turn around and wave air towards my face, I breathe in and out and walk out as well.

I start to look around, I kneel behind the wooden benches finding nothing. I watch Helena jump up to the second floor, my eyes scroll down seeing the ladder broken. Leon stands there making sure she's alright. I look away and approach the altar, my fingers trace the little parting in the middle. Rumbling starts and I back away, seeing the two halves split up a bit, I turn to see Helena place a Madonna on a red pillar. 

My face look over to a metal door shuffling, I chuckle and walk towards it. So, it seems like this place isn't just a cathedral. Simmons told me where the virus was heading, could it be he lead me here? I then hear footsteps approaching me, I turn my face and see Leon beside me. I walk in and see two levers on each side. I go over to the right while Leon heads left, I place a hand on the lever and watch Leon do the same. 

Helena nods and stays outside the room, he planned to watch the survivors since we have this covered. I look over to Leon he nods giving me the okay to drop the lever down. We do it at the same time seeing the gate between us shut. I go over and so does he, Leon opens his mouth but suddenly cut off by the statues turning around behind us. I watch a crossbow on fire aim at me, I duck and slam the button below it. 

The statue retreats into the hidden wall, Leon's button gets pushed. The door to the next room opens after we completed our task. These are some sort of trials for us to complete, what are you hiding from us Helena? We walk through seeing the same thing, but the only thing different is that there are more of the statues. I place my hand on the lever and grip it, I look at Leon through the metal gate and watch him return the stare.

"This is gonna get a little bit dicey." We pull down the lever watching the metal gate have fire over the top. 

My first statue fires at me, I roll onto the right and sprint over. I slam down on the button seeing another statue come up. My eyes widen and I dodge the arrow the last second seeing it go by my head. I stand up and slide my way over, I press the button and turn to check on Leon. My attention snaps over to another statue aiming at me. Before I could react I notice multiple sliding out. 

The closest one to me I get ride of, trying to by time I keep dodging the arrows. I take out two statues quickly, and watch Leon come up to the gate. Crap, he's already done. I shake my head and feel myself going down a dark path.