Getting Sick pt 1

Credit to user123456love for giving me the idea of this chapter

I woke up and noticed the twins in bed with me. I groaned feeling like I was on fire. I sat up and clambered over Jake walking into the bathroom splashing some cold water on my face hoping that would fix the issue. I rubbed my temples as my head started to pound. I closed my eyes groaning as a wave of nausea washed over me. I heard a knock on the door making me jump, “just a moment I’m almost done.” I grabbed my toothbrush and quickly brushed my teeth. I opened the door and noticed Blake leaning against the door, “are you okay you look a little paler than usual.” he went to put his hand on my head but I dodge it, “I’m fine Blake don’t worry.” I laid back down, shivering. I pulled the blanket over my head so that the sun wasn’t in my eyes anymore. I heard the boys leave the room I looked up as they closed the door I could hear them whisper outside the door, but I couldn’t quite make out what they were saying I quickly grabbed the trash can next to my bed puking up my dinner from last night I sighed not wanting to ruin the Christmas spirit so I figured that I would just hide it that it was probably only a twenty-four hour stomach bug and it’ll be gone soon. I laid back down and soon there was a knock on my door so I mumbled, “come in.” I guess the person didn’t hear me as they knocked again and I groaned getting out of bed opening my door and I saw my dad, “hey dad what’s up?” he smiled at my messed up hair, “it’s late pumpkin I was wondering how much longer you were gonna be in bed?” I shrugged, “I don’t know I’m just really tired for some reason I’ll probably go for a walk here soon that way I can wake up.”  he nodded kissing my forehead, “you feel warm are you okay?” I nodded, “I feel fine dad.” I smiled. He sighed , backing away from the door frame and I closed the door locking it. I grabbed out one of my work out outfits and quickly got dressed adding a pair of tennis shoes as I neared the front door. I yelled, “I’m going out, I'll be back in a bit.” I heard a murmur of replies. I closed the door, locked it and started walking to the store. That way I could pick up a thermometer and some fever reducer halfway through the trip. I got really dizzy and nearly fell. I grabbed onto a nearby traffic light and stabilized myself. A woman walked up to me, “are you alright dear?” I nodded, “yeah I’m fine thanks just got a little dizzy.” she looked me up and down, “well I’m a nurse and I would recommend that you come to the hospital and get some fluids because you look a little dehydrated and like you have the flu.” I nodded while taking in the information, “I’ll consider it I’ll have to talk to my dad first of course.” she nodded handing me a card, “well here’s my card if you decide to come into the hospital request for me and I’ll gladly take care of you.” she smiled walking away.