Dinner Pt. 1

I stepped out of the shower wrapping a towel around me and then wrapped one around me hair I walked into my room grabbing the now dry shirt and and black skater skirt along with some heels since I was guessing that we were going somewhere nice to eat I walked back into my bathroom and quickly changed and started to apply some make up I didn't want to go too heavy on makeup so I wore some eyeliner, mascara, and some tinted chapstick I grabbed my dad and Lucille's shirts and went to walk out my bedroom, but I quickly grabbed my leather jacket and zipped it up so you couldn't see the front of my shirt and I walked to their bedroom knocking on the door and Lucille answered, "yes?" I handed her the shirts, "wear these, but make sure to wear a jacket over them so that they won't see them until we're ready to reveal the surprise." she nodded and closed the door. I started to walk away when I heard her squeal, "oh my gosh these are so cute!" I smiled to myself and grabbed my phone and earbuds along with my clutch heading downstairs I plugged in my earbuds listening to music around ten minutes later my dad and Lucille walked down the stairs and I pulled out an earbud, "ready to go?" they nodded. I stood and walked to the door grabbing my keys and tucking them into my clutch and then I walked outside climbing into the backseat and leaned my head against the window sighing at the coolness of it. I closed my eyes ignoring the ride and soon I opened my eyes when my dad shook my shoulder I pulled out my earbuds tucking them into my clutch climbing out of the car and stretching my limbs I saw the restaurant and smiled I twisted my ring waiting for Lucille to get out of the car and when she did I saw the top of the shirt peeking out revealing some of the design I did earlier so I walked over and fixed for her making her grin brightly at me, "thanks sweetheart." I nodded smiling back at her. Dad walked in front of us holding open the door and waving his arm, "ladies first." Lucille and I looked at each other giggling and walked in. Dad walked over to the hostess and said, "reservation for Morgan." The waiter showed us to the table which showed the cast of The Walking Dead and Supernatural. I hugged everyone and sat in my resigned seat next to my dad. Everyone made fun of my dad being late and I just lightly chuckled. The waiter came and took everyone's orders hastily walking away and I just fiddled with my ring and looked at the table. I excused myself to the bathroom and quickly made my way into the women's bathroom and leaned against the sink. I had a sudden feeling of overwhelmingness and tried to focus on my breathing I racked my brain trying to think what caused this feeling and I was coming up blank I grabbed my phone out of my clutch and texted Steven, "hey I know you're probably busy, but I really need to talk to you so if you can please reply." I waited about two minutes when I got a reply, "Hey darlin' I'm not busy at the moment what's up." I closed my eyes trying to hold back the tears, "I don't know I just started feeling really overwhelmed and it felt like you're the only person that I can talk to." there was a knock on the door and I opened it just a crack revealing Lucille and I opened it just enough that way she could come in, but I immediately closed the door and locked it behind she ran her thumbs over my cheeks looking me in the eyes, "are you alright sweetheart and don't try to lie to me." I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know I just started feeling super overwhelmed and so I texted one of my friends." my phone buzzed as I finished my statement making me crack a small smile and Lucille looked at me with a raised brow, "is it a boy." I blushed looking down, "maybeee." she chuckled, shaking her head at my antics. I looked at the message and saw it read, "Maybe it's your brain tricking you into thinking that everyone will give your stepmom more attention than you and that they'll forget about you." I rolled my eyes at his message replying with a smile, "maybe you're right.. How come you can read me better than I can myself?" I turned off the screen and looked at her and she stared at me with a smile, " okay maybe I like him a little bit, but you can't tell dad because all of my previous relationships sucked." she chuckled nodding, "alright I think that I can keep your secret." she pretended to zip my lips better than me and I opened my phone again texting Steven, "hey I have to go back to dinner, but thanks for replying you made me smile when I was drowning myself in negativity." a moment later he replied, "alright well I hope you have a good time and it's nice to know that I can make you smile even when you're overwhelmed text me after dinner and let me know how it goes." I put my phone away and closed my eyes taking a deep breath, "okay let's go back to dinner before they suspect something happened." she brought me into a quick hug then linked our arms together as we walked back to the table and I laid my head on her shoulder for a brief moment and then unlinked our arms and sat in our proper seats ignoring all the states from everyone and my dad whispered in my ear asking, "is everything all right now?" I nodded whispering back, "I got overwhelmed and Lucille helped." he nodded, taking a sip of his wine.