Man to man

This is one of my favs!

•  •  •

Damian entered Mar'i's apartment building. He was rather happy about all of this. He smiled at the thought of kissing her endlessly and spending time with her. He had been bussy at Wayne Tower, he was tired of dealing with imbeciles that were too dim to even follow through with his instructions.

In the main floor of the building was a lounge. People were sitting on couches and sofas that looked a little dingy, but they didn't seem to mind. At the left side of the room, there were lookers that had room numbers, it was used for mail and it wasn't the first thing you see when you enter, but the elevator.

He ignored people whispering about him, they were in shock that Damian Wayne, son of the richest man in Gotham, Co-CEO of Wayne Enterprises at the age of seventeen, was in the  building. He pressed the the 'up' button and the elevator door quickly slid opened. He had the elevator all for himself as it reaches the seventh floor of the building. His girlfriend's apartment was all the way at the end, he passed doors and passed muffled conversations of people inside their homes.

He reached Mar'i's door and knocked on it twice. He heard Mar'i yell "Coming!" from inside. It opened and revealed the most beautiful girl he had ever layed eyes on. She was a year younger that him and she moved to Gotham about five months ago because she wanted to pursue her academics there. They have been dating even before Mar'i decided to live alone. Of course their parents were both in shock -especially Dick- but they made their peace about it and supported them.

" It is good to see you, love." Damian smiled as Mar'i stepped aside to let him in. Mar'i hummed and kissed Damian on the cheek.

" I missed you." she said. He took her by the waist and kissed her like they had been separated for years and was being reunited.

But, someone cleared their throat and caught the couples attention. A boy, around the age of twelve, was sitting on the coffee table, arms crossed and wildly glaring at them. They pulled away from each other as they received an audience.

The boy was Mar'i's younger brother. Jake Grayson.

" Jake," Damian clears his throat and was awkwardly standing next to this boy's sister. "Lovely it is seeing you-"

" I do not wish to acknowledge you." Jake blurted out receiving a gasp from Mar'i.

" Jake!" Mar'i hissed. " You shouldn't say that to people!" she scolded her dark haired brother like a mom.

" People?" he repeated and raised his eyebrows. "This is the guy  that's been screwing you." he spat which made the teenagers blush wildly.

" Jake!" his older sister hissed once more. "Where did you learn that?!" she demanded. Jake stood up from his current sit, he walked towards the kitchen counter and poured himself a drink. He sipped on his glass of water and ignored his sister's question.

Damian watched as his girlfriend's brother drink his water slowly when Mar'i's phone rang. She took it out of her pocket and went in the other room to speak to the person on the other end of the line, privately. Damian was left alone with her younger sibling.

He knew about her brother for a long time now. Jake was like Mar'i, independent and stubborn. He lives with his parents, after all, he was only twelve, but he did want to move out just like his sister did. But he would have to wait until he was of age. He wasn't really fond of Damian, infact he hated him more when he started dating his sister that he so happens to be very close with. Damian knew that Jake did not like him, he was actually scared of Mar'i's family, scared of not being accepted as her boyfriend. He wasn't scared of Kori and Dick anymore, for they have approved of their relationship, he was stupid for being scared of this boy who was absolutely shorter than him, this boy who hated the thought of him dating his sister. His number one girl, Mar'i Grayson, his amazing hero that beat the crap out of people who dared hurt him, his sister.

Damian was simply lost in his thoughts and hadn't realized that the half Tamaranian- half human boy was standing infront of him.

" Wayne," Jake called. Damian snaps out of his thoughts. The boy's gesture was mocking the way he acknowledges people. He narrowed his eyebrows at the boy who looks a lot like Dick Grayson. Jake walks over to the couch and patted the sit next to him, signaling it to Damian. " Let's talk." he most likely commanded.

He did not hesitate and sat next to the boy, keeping in his mind that this boy is trained by Kori and Dick themselves.

" Okay. Now, let's talk, man to man,"

" You're twelve-"

" -and you do not deserve my sister." Jake glared as he cuts off Damian's sentence. Damian was confused and was taken aback from what he said.

In his mind, he needed more answers, so he needed Jake to keep talking and clear out his confusion, but a part of him wanted to call for Mar'i to help him with his sassy ass brother who looks like he wants him to break up with his sister, or else he'll grow horns and drag him to hell.

" Pardon me?" Damian tried his best not to stutter so wouldn't appear scared, but the truth was he was intimidated by Mar'i's little brother. He actually reminded him a lot of his girlfriend, more-or-less, but of course, he is  her brother.

" Mar'i is the best sister in the world," Jake spoke. "She puts others first before her. She's smart, she's an amazing cook, and she's too good to belong to anyone." he added. Everything Jake said was a total fact, and Damian couldn't agree more. It was true, Mar'i is too good to belong to anyone, let alone him. He was confused why Mar'i accepted him in the first place. He was selfish, dark and mean, he didn't deserve an angel like her.

" You're one lucky fisherman to have fished out a goddess like her," Jake added. He stood up from his sit and stood infront of Damian, he had his back facing him. " Damian, I've seen what she has done to you and what you have done for her. She changed you. For the better of course. You're rather happy together. No matter how much I hate you, I'll try to like you for the sake of my sister's happiness."

Damian sat quietly infront of him. He smiled even though Jake doesn't entirely accept him, but hey, it's a start. He turned his face back to the young Wayne who was surprisingly smiling. He cleared his throat and turned his face to the right.

" Damian, to be honest, I do like you. Your brave and smart like my sister." Jake confessed, still looking away from him. " She is important to me, I know you love her like I do. You won't hurt her. I trust you."

Damian was surprised. A person who actually believe that he wouldn't hurt Mar'i and promise her love and only love. A big wave of relief flushed down his chest. His girlfriend's brother believed in him, His girlfriend's brother trusted him. He was happy that Jake and him are starting to get along. They did have one thing in common: they both love Mar'i.

Suddenly, Damian did something he can't imagine doing in a million years. He leaned forward and gave the young boy a warm hug. Jake's eyes -of course- widens. The Damian Wayne, the boy who hates physical affection, -except from Mar'i- is hugging him ever-so-tightly. He does return the gesture.

Mar'i walks back to the room from a very long conversation with Lian about her new boyfriend: Zachary Constantine. Her eyes widen at the sight of her boyfriend hugging her little brother. It was very new, but she smiled exitedly that they were bonding.

" Aww!  My two favorite boys are finally getting along!"

•    •    •

If you're wondering who the mother freaking hell is Jake Grayson, he is Dick Grayson and Koriand'r's son. He didn't appear in the same universe as Mar'i but I really love Jake and just wanted him to be mentioned in my stories.

He is going to appear in a lot of my books because I just wanna write a story with him in it cuz it's not common you know. He is going to be Mar'i's little brother though.

Comment if you want more stories about Jake and I'll write a chapters about him with either of the characters possibly involved. Of course, he's appearance must be connected to our theme (Demonfire).

Hope you enjoyed it! Have a good morning/evening! Kbye.

- lil'dom<3