Boyfriend

" I don't know, Jon." Mar'i said as she impatiently sat in her sit, tapping on the table aggressively which kind-of annoyed the Superboy.

" Oh, come on!" he convinced his eighteen year old friend. " You guys have been together for two months now." he argued.

" I know, but-" she paused and grabbed the handle of her mug filled with coffee before lifting it to her lips and stopping mid-way, slamming the bottom of the mug back to the heavy wooden table and some coffee splashed out. " -I just feel spoiled you know." she reasoned.

" How come?" he asked and quirked an eyebrow and smirked at her. " Is the Dami-love too much for you?" he teased which didn't lightened up her mood.

" Fuck you." she spat and was unbothered by the hot coffee touching her lips.

" Aw, don't be like that, M." he giggled and also sipped his coffee, but with caution. " You should consider yourself lucky. He never treated his past girlfriends like how he treats you. And he usually ends those relationships after two weeks or so."

" How would you know?"

" Heh! Please," he smiled under the white mug that he gripped with his hand. " I've been friends with him since I was about twelve." he set down his mug and wiped his glasses that were fogged up by the hot steam of the bitter drink. " And because me and Colin force him to date." he quickly added, putting his square shaped glasses back on.

" Does he take those women to Rome when their going on a dinner date?" Mar'i asked, her voice sounded bored and her expression stayed the same but with a raised eyebrow.

" Holy buckets!" Jon almost choked on his dark and hot beverage. " He-he did?!" from his sudden movement due to surprise, his glasses became slightly crooked which Mar'i considered cute.

She nodded and unraveled her crossed legs. She flattened her pencil skirt and shifted the collar of her white button up, long sleeved shirt as she watched Jon process Damian's act towards his beloved girlfriend that he has been dating for two months. 'Dami-love my ass.'  Mar'i thought as she metally grinned at her dark-haired, nerdy friend.

" That idiot spending money like that!" he mumbled and held his mug with both of his hands. He was careful not to use his super strength or he'll break that mug that belonged to the coffee shop they were in. " When did he take you to Rome?"

" He takes me there every friday, so..." she swirled her half empty coffee mug around as she thinks for the next word she'll throw. " last night." she smiled awkwardly, showing her pearly white teeth.

" Oh my god..."

" See! I'm spoiled Jon! And I don't like it." she said. "I know he's like really, really, really, rich and I don't want to look like a gold digger or something because I really do like him, but it's so hard to say no to him, especially when he's so insistent." she argued and with each word she said just made sink into her chair more and more, in full guilt.

" Damn..." he cursed. " Guess Damian really likes you. I have never seen him act like this. He doesn't even take his previous girlfriends to date due to being too bussy, but you... He took you to Rome." Jon was very sure that Damian really does admire Mar'i a lot. I mean, a lot.

She grunted and buried her face in the table because of all the guilt. Her boyfriend spent all of those money just for her and she has no idea how to repay him.

" I'm the worst girlfriend ever." her words, unclear because her face was buried deep into her palms.

" No you're not. The worst girlfriend Damian ever had was Clara Mcdougall. Thank god, Damian broke up with her." he rolled his eyes at the girl's name and made a disgusted face.

" Wait," Mar'i quickly lifted her head up to look at her half Kryptonian friend. " Did you say, Clara Mcdougall is Damian's ex?"

" Yeah..."

" Oh, that bitch."

" What's wrong? You guys have beaf?"

" Yes! We use to be really good friends in my old modeling job and I told her about my big fat crush on Damian Wayne." she rested her head on her hand and scowled at the people passing by the coffee place.

" Oh." Jon smiled evilly. " Is that jealously I hear?" with this, Mar'i's face flushed red and was very noticeable. He just smirked at her and slurped his lukewarm coffee.

" No!" she said defensively. " I'm just upset at my old friend's betrayal!" she covered up most her obvious jealousy with lies which Jon, of course, didn't buy.

" Don't worry," he assured. " you're better than her in so many levels. Even your boyfriend, Damian can agree." her face - agian - turns bright red. She looked to the side and felt the warmness of her face.

" Shut up, Jonathan."

•   •   •

Yazzz! Finished another chapter! I hope you got the friends reference, (that Rome part. Heh.) it wasn't my intention but it looked like a funny detail where Damian goes over board with the dates with Mar'i.

-lil'dom<3