I love you

This story is inspired by an anime called Naruto. That episode where Naruto confessed to Hinata, after he realized that she loves him like he loves her. Carry on...

•  •  •

(Damian's POV)

Grayson is getting married. I don't know why she chose to do this, but she needed to do it, for her people.

I'm not sure how to feel about it. I'm rather upset that she is leaving Earth forever. My relationship with Grayson is very difficult to understand. We would often fight, yet we still cared for each other's health. I remember tearing up when she got shot, but luckily she did not die, and I was relieved that she survived.

I guess I like her. Though, I'm not entirely sure, when I'm around her I get warm feelings in my stomach and chest, is that a sign of liking someone?

I wonder what she feels about me?

She invited the whole Teen Titans to attend her wedding. I didn't want to, but I really cared for her and I would support her decision no matter what, as long as she's happy.

Now, I was in an odd looking castle, in a different planet, with half naked people walking around the halls. Maybe it was for the best to disregard my feelings for Mari, it hurt to be honest, losing the only person you ever had strong feelings for.

" You're an idiot, you know that?" I turn to see Constantine's annoying son with an annoying British accent. He's wearing Tamaranian clothing, we all are, it was to respect the planet's culture.

" What?" I say. I was offended by what he said. Zachary Constantine is the most smug being I have ever met, he can be smart but he doesn't even try.

" You're the son of the greatest detective, yet you don't see the obvious." he pointed out. I was getting slightly annoyed at his comments towards me, it was immature for him to say that, yet he still continued, " Even Jon sees it, heck the whole team sees it!"

" What are you talking about?"

" Umm...You and Mar'i of course!" he said with a raised voice. I narrowed my eyes in confusion and utter anger. He doesn't have the right to talk like that, but Zach is the only one in the team who's not afraid to pick fights with me, well only guy, he's girlfriend Harper is also a pain in the ass just like him.

" I don't know what your talking about, and I'm sure it's irrelevant." I roll my eyes and start walking down the hall and he follows me, how am I not surprised?

" Don't you see that Mar'i doesn't love the guy she's about to marry?"

I stop.

Of course she's not happy. She doesn't love him, but does she need to? I don't fully understand their ways, and I don't have the right to correct them, but what Constantine said, made sense somehow. What does he want out of this?  I don't reply, I just stood there quietly.

" She loves you."

I can feel ice freezing my whole body. It can't be true. We...love each other? I felt my heart skip a beat. I stopped thinking and I felt my body going numb.

" She always has."

I turn slowly. I see his face full of hope, hope for Mar'i. They have been friends and were very close, I know how much Zach cares for her, they're best friends after all.

" I can't watch Mar'i be miserable for rest of her life." he looks down to the marble floor. I can't either.

" She doesn't love me, Zach." I say, correcting him. He glared at me. Not intimidating in any way at all.