Date

It was a saturday morning. Damian and Mar'i were in the batcave playing chess.

Of course, Mar'i lost.

Mar'i got upset and accused Damian of cheating. Damian giggled.

" Your not surprised that I'm naturally good at chess? " he says while laughing making his shoulder shake.

Mar'i made sounds to show that she wasn't happy about her lost. Sore loser.

Damian started putting away the chess board, because according to Alfred, the chess board belonged to the Wayne family for 200 years now. Better be careful with it.

Mar'i burried her face on the table, grunting. She lifts her head up as a thought entered her mind. She rested her head on her hand and looked up to Damian.

" Hey, how come your not dating anyone? " she said a little too quickly.

" I'm sorry what? " Damian asked raising his brow at Mar'i.

" Why are you not seeing anyone yet? " she repeated, rephrasing her sentence.

Damian paused and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. " Why are you asking me this? "

" I dont know-- shut up, and answer the damn question. " Mar'i said slightly getting annoyed.

" Why is the answer so important? I don't have time to date some stranger. " he explained, turning away from Mar'i.

" You have all the time in the world! I mean your homeschooled, your not 'robin-ing' everyday, and it doesn't have to be a stranger! " she exclaimed.

Damian glanced at her once again, having the same confused look.

" I can recommend a few gals! " she said with enthusiasm. " There's Irey, she's nice, you can go out with her-- Ooh! Lian! She's super cool too! " Mar'i mentioned a few more girls she is close with, counting them with her fingers, recommending them to Damian.

" Grayson, stop. I don't wanna date any of the girls you just mentioned. " he said putting on a scowl. " I'm not interested in dating anyone. " he blankly added.

" Oh come on Damian! Surely you don't wanna end up like Batman, all alone and.... well, alone. " she said with sadness and concern in her voice.

" Just date one of my gals! It wont hurt to try! Who knows? You might be interested in one of them. " she exclaimed, locking her gaze at Damian's dark green eyes.

" No, not interested. " he said finally looking away from her complete emerald, green eyes.

" Ughhhh! Why?! " she said exasperated and frustrated, burying her face on the table again.

" If you must know, then fine. " Damian sighed and thought maybe this will make her shut up and change the topic. " I'm already interested at someone. " he added, making Mar'i lift her head up in surprise.

" Really?! " she beamed.

" Well ask her out you idiot! " she added making Damian scowl at the name 'idiot' Mar'i called him.

" No. "

" Seriously?! Come on! What is wrong with you? A rare event of you liking someone and your just throwing that away?! " she exclaimed with a little anger in her tone.

" My love life isn't your business, Grayson, and what if she says, no? "

" She'll say yes of course! Your an amazing guy! "

Damian can't help but blush. He put on a faint smile and looked up to Mar'i. She was filled with joy and hope and her concerns for him made his face heat up and his heart beat faster. He smiled.

" Ok. I'll ask her. " he said smirking. What is he up to?

" Cool beans. Now ask her. " she says smiling, pointing to the exit, signaling him to do it now.

Damian walked towards Mar'i. She smiles as she watches Damian get closer to her.

" What if I'm not her type? " Damian asks making eye contact with her.

" Dude, your everybody's type. " She doesn't look away from Damian's eyes and continued to smile at him.

" Now go and ask her out. " she added, tilting her head to the direction of the bat-cave exit.

" Hm, ok."

" Mar'i Grayson. Will you go out with me? "

Mar'i blushed in realization. Sneaky.