Waking up to humming

This is a script for a comic, and as much as I don't wanna spoil it, I just really wanna share it with you guys! But this is sorta connected to the Wedding week chapters. Carry on...

•  •  •

The seven am sunlight was already sipping trough the thick brown curtains in a small gap left by Mar'i, finding their way to glare at Damian's sleeping face, waking him up. He grunted at the annoying light shining directly at his closed eyes, squeezing them more shut as a response. He lifted one tired hand and rubbed his aching head. He cracked one eye open, a flash of one dark-green eye before closing it immediately.

His head was pounding and he let out exasperated sounds from the back of his throat. He pinched the two points between his eyebrows and that seemed to soothe the pain enough for him to fully open his eyes.

Damian slowly sat up and took in the surroundings. Just the same room his fiancée meticulously decorated, the room wasn't full of decorations as Damian argued that they would be inconvenient to clean, but it was very nutral. Full of whites, black, dark and light browns. There were paintings that Damian purchased from the art galleries he was invited to, and potted plants that Mar'i tends.

He tried to arrange his messy hair with his hand, then he turned to see that his soon-to-be wife is absent from their shared bed. But, in the middle of the disheveled sheets, a little innocent Damian-replica lay sound asleep next to him.

The boy seemed to be comfortable in his awkward position, his saliva that slowly rolled out of his gaped mouth told a story alright. Damian smiled and chuckled lightly at how silly his son looked.

Gotham decided to be cold that morning, so he pulled the thick sheets over the three year-old's chest, not that he needed it, he did take his high temperature from his mother. The twenty-three year old father arranged Benjamin's arms to lay gently on his stomach. He let out a sigh and slowly left the bed, careful not wake his son up.

Humming traveled in the master bedroom through the cracked door. He walked out of the room, still in his black boxers and tried not flinch at the pinching cold air against his bare skin. Damian stuck his head out and saw the rest of his condominium unit.

A nice fully furnished kitchen with marble counters, that was open to the lightly decorated living room, with a very large wall-window that overviews the city. Ben was scared of looking down at the streets from the glass and stayed as far away from it, but having a mother who soars freely through the sky, the boy conquered his fears rather quickly.

On the other end of the room was Ben's room and next to it was the bathroom. The room next to the master's was Damian's study. He stared at the grey couch that faced the television for a while, before hearing the soft humming of a very familiar lullaby a mother would sing for her baby.

Mar'i was beautiful even in the hungover mornings --they don't drink a lot but Damian couldn't deny that the two of them hadn't been wasted before-- she was still beautiful, especially in Damian's eyes. This woman is not only a looker but very smart and kind-hearted. Any man in their right mind would think that Mar'i Grayson is so.

She wore her silk night gown with thin straps while her untamed hair lingered on her soft shoulders. She busied herself on the counter when Damian called for her.

"Hey." he said as he closed the door behind him.

She looked over her shoulder and turned slightly so that he could see her smile. "Good morning." she greeted sweetly.

"How you manage to not wake me I will never know." Damian quipped as he took a sit on one of the swivel chairs placed on kitchen island.

Mar'i lightly chuckled. "I got good at it, I'll say. Tea?" she offered.

"Earl Grey. No sugar." he gave a straight answer.

"That discusting tea again?" Mar'i complained, but she complied and searched for the tea in one of the cabinets.

Damian raised an eyebrow. "It's only the healthiest than your mostly milk english breakfast tea."

She ripped the packaging and took out the tea bag to submerge it to the hot water. She placed the freshly made tea infront of her fiancé and drank her own.

"Mine tastes better. Yours taste like cologne for men." Mar'i pointed out.

"Why is our son sleeping in our bed instead of his?" Damian changed the topic, sipping on his tea in a mug that his son decorated. It wasn't the best but the twenty-three year old loved how creative and how thoughtful the little boy was.

The mug had macaroni colored with markers glued to it that spelled out 'dead'. Ben argued that he added an 'e' by accident and that it was suppose to say 'dad'. Mar'i couldn't stop laughing.

Sometimes, he wonders if his mother sneaks in their home at night and put strange ideas in his precious son's head.

"He had a nightmare." his fiancée replied without meeting his gaze.

"What was it about?" Damian smirked.

"That we had shark heads." she shrugged and Damian scoffed in his mug. They paused and drank their morning tea and inhaled the intoxicating aroma of the hot drink. Mar'i stared at the ceiling when a thought resurfaced. "Remember when you dreamt about a giant bat that tried to eat you?"

Damian frowned. "Don't start you know how this ends." he warned and the woman laughed.

"Okay, okay," she chuckled. "I'll stop."

Everything seemed so perfect to Damian. He knew that there were still problems up ahead, but he just focused on the present and embraced the happiness.

Mar'i leaned forward and gave a sweet peck on Damian's lips. "I love you." she murmured.

He had a loving future wife and healthy son. Their living arrangements wasn't what Damian pictured, he wanted to start a family in house not a condominium, but it'll do, for now. He had a stable job as a Chief Financial Officer for Wayne Tech, a little head-spinning in some circumstances but no one has a job that flows smoothly.

For the first time in his life, Damian Wayne could honestly admit, that he was happy.

He smiled, "I love you too."

•  •  •

And there yah go. Nothing too fancy, just a simple script for a comic. I will not add all the details mentioned here on the illustrations because I wanna keep it simple and straight to the point, but I do wanna give this chapter a better picture. If you wanna see the comic please be posted on my tumblr account, link is on my profile bio.

Also, I would like to thank you all for 9k+ reads! It surprisingly increased so fast (idk why since my writing is garbage), I checked the last time and it was 7k and after that it just kept going. And yes, I do read your comments. I don't reply sometimes because I really don't know what to say (haha) but it's really sweet of you guys. Thank you.

-lil'dom<3