Wedding (part 2)

The day of the wedding finally came. The day that everyone anticipated was just mere ten hours away. Everything was organized, prepped, and ready for the event. Her wedding didn't had to be perfect, but like any other bride, Mar'i wanted it to go smoothly and memorable. Her organizer already assured her that the wedding will be as she wished it would be, her main job was just stay calm down and get married.

Damian and Ben stayed at the manor, so Mar'i was left alone in their condominium. She woke up hoping to see her family but remembered their agreement. She sighed in disappointment and started her day as usual.

After a cup of coffee, the whelming feeling of getting married dawned on her. Her breath started hitching and her heart started pacing, her hair went in flames and a line of bright purple embers followed in her wake.

She was excited but also very nervous. People have been asking her why was she so anxious about her and Damian's union when it was inevitable that they would at some point in their relationship. It wasn't that easy to keep in mind though. Whenever someone mentions their upcoming wedding, she becomes a blushing mess. Whenever it was mentioned, she felt like a little girl dreaming about her wedding day with the perfect man.

She paced back and forth, nervously fiddling with the fabric belt of her white robe. Until she was brought back to reality by the doorbell.

She raised her eyebrow and stared intently at the door. She wasn't really expecting anyone until later that day when it's time to go. She pulled the straps of her robe to hug her waist even more and walked quietly towards the door. As soon as she opened the door, two girls jumped at her, giggling in high pitched noises that only dogs could hear.

It was Lian Harper, her maid of honor, and her best friend Irey West. She grinned at the sight of them and returned their tight embraces.

"Oh my god! I'm so excited for you, M!" Lian exclaimed.

Lian got married to Zachary Constantine when they were only nineteen. They always wanted a bigger wedding but circumstances came where their parents didn't want them to get married just yet.

The two were so inlove and impatient that they went to court and got legally married without any of their parents' permission. Lian was happy she atleast got to help plan one wedding.

Irey, on the other hand, was waiting for someone who promised to return to her. The wait was excruciating, but she bit her lip in anticipation, hoping that that "soon" he kept mentioning was sooner than she thought.

"Girl, what are you still doing in your robe?" Irey asked. "Go wash your hair and let's go to the venue." she added.

"It's only six in the morning. The wedding doesn't start until four pm." Mar'i chuckled lightly.

"She's just excited because a certain someone promised to be there as her date." Lian blurted.

"Azazel?!" Mar'i gasped and gave the redhead a mischievous look.

"LIAN!" Irey complained in disbelief.

The two ignored her and casually talked about the said guy. "Well he better be at my wedding or I'll punch him all the way to dimension zero." Mar'i said.

"He promised he would. Plus, of course he would want to see his girlfriend." Lian smirked at Irey who blushed furiously.

"I'm not his girlfriend!" Irey said defensively, cheeks are visibly red.

Mar'i and Lian only exchanged mischievous looks, but quickly let the matter go.

The three women went out to eat breakfast, they got to talking and tried to stray away from the wedding and talked about their life outside of Superhero-ing. At ten in the morning, they arrived at the venue and prepared for the occasion.