Hurry back

This was definitely inspired by a particular fanfic about Demonfire on tumblr. I am changing it so I won't come up as a copy cat. But I really love it and I wanna write my own version of it. Carry on...

•  •  •

Damian walked down the gloomy halls of the Wayne Manor, he was basically dragging himself. His head was way up the sky and hadn't realized that he was standing infront of a door for an extensive amount of time. When snapped back, more flashbacks played in his head, regrets and poor decisions all dawned on him.

He wished more but he couldn't find the courage to go for it and fight for it. He sighed and just walked away. 'Nothing scares Damian Wayne.'  but this... This kept him up all night.

His bare feet tapped lightly on the cold floor, his thoughts kept him busy. He remembered hearing the news and pretended he didn't care, but he did, he fell apart when he heard. His brain screamed 'COWARD!' right at him, he begged them to go away but they chased him and hunted him down.

He twisted the knob of his bedroom door. It creaked open and he was ready to crash in bed and mourn about how unsatisfied he was. Then he noticed that the doors of his small balcony, were open. The curtains fly in as the wind find it's way to his room.

His eyes held it position to whoever was in his balcony. He walked forward and saw Mar'i. Her arms were rested in the metal railing and her hair glowed like purple ember. She was wearing her Tamaranian clothing when she first came to Earth.

Hope rushed into his veins and his heart's pace calmed. This was his chance, he prayed he wouldn't mess this up.

" Grayson." he called. She peeked over her shoulder and when she saw him standing in the doorway, she slowly turned to face him. " What are you doing here?"

She exhaled deeply and bowed down her head before lifting it up again to look at his forest-green eyes. She almost regretted to say it but she had to. "To say goodbye." her voice was calm and stern, her face was definitely somber.

He looked down in dissapointment. His head remained the same position and his hands formed into balls of fists. He so badly wanted to make her stay, but theres nothing between them that would ever confince her to refrain from leaving and returning to her mother. Her duties as princess was needed more than she expected and she had no reasons to stay.

Damian dropped his head down and felt tears burning from behind his eyes. He wasn't the kind of person to cry, heck he doesn't cry at all, but Mar'i leaving felt like a punch in the gut, by Superman.

He felt his fists go warm and looked at them to see Mar'i grabbing them. He slowly moved his head up and saw her tears running down her cheeks.

" I'll miss you." she smiled.

Damian felt his legs go numb as she said those, next thing he knew, Mar'i's arms were wrapped around his body giving him literall warmness and warm feelings. He quickly returned the hug and they just started talking as they embrace.

" Don't be a jerk to Steph or anyone, okay?" she whispered and he gave a short laugh.

" No promises." he said, smiling in her hair.

As they get more comfortable, Damian whispered something that no human would ever hear. But Mar'i's hearing is more enhanced that any human being, and she heard him say, 'I'll surely miss you too.'  which made her heart flutter and was glad she heard him.

They slowly pulled away from each other and Damian wiped her tears with his thumbs and kissed her forehead. He felt hot when he did that, but also glad he did and Mar'i blushed when she felt Damian's soft lips hit the middle of her forehead.

As Damian watched Mar'i fly away, he felt guilty and wished he said 'I'll surely miss you too.'  louder and prouder. He watched the ground, refusing to see her leave, but then, he heard Mar'i land infront of him.

He looked up, Mar'i standing before him and said, "I need a longer goodbye than that." before smashing her lips to his. His eyes gaped in surprise, but not long after, he reciprocated her affectionate gesture. He pulled her closer by the hips and passionately kissed her.

They pulled away from the kiss, eyes full of satisfaction and love. But alas, Mar'i still had to leave, so she elevated from the ground and started to float away. Their hands still touching until she was too far away for his reach and just like that, she was gone.

It would be years before Damian would be able to see Mar'i again, but he was willing to wait. And when that day comes, he would sweep her off her feet and kiss her like he had always wanted to in years.

" Hurry back." he whispered as he watched the purple fire in the sky, fade.