Chapter 1

"I'm the leader!" Weedkit squealed. Amberkit ran after him, her tiny legs almost tripping her.

"That's not fair! Your always leader!" Grasskit hissed almost knocking Amberkit over. Amberkit tried to keep up with them, she was smaller than her siblings. Weedkit jumped onto a rock.

"Clan meeting!" He squealed.

Amberkit narrowed her small blue eyes.

She could barely see his dark tabby fur in the darkness. Amberkit finally caught up to Grasskit and sat down.

"Grasskit! You are deputy! Sorry Amberkit your a little to small!" He sneered.

Amberkit sighed. "It's fine Weedkit. But next time I'm leader!" Grasskit looked at her and knocked Amberkit over. Grasskit snorted.

"Your to small! I'm the leader next." Amberkit got up and shook her tiny head.

"So what if I'm small? That doesn't mean I can't be leader! I'll be leader one day!" She snarled.

Grasskit and Weedkit looked at each other and laughed. "And hedgehogs can fly!" Weedkit sneered.

Amberkit was about to say something to Weedkit but Sandmist stopped her. "What are you kits doing? You should be in the nursery!"

Grasskit rolled her eyes and turned to Sandmist. "But Sandmist the other cats are at the gathering!"

Sandmist gathered them up and pushed them towards the nursery. "That's no excuse! You will be apprentices soon, and you should know to behave better!"

Amberkit fell into the nursery "Oof!"

Sandmist rolled her eyes. "Get back up Amberkit!"

Amberkit got up and shook her head, her pelt hot with embarrassment. "Sorry Sandmist." She meowed quietly.

Fallowwing looked up. "Sandmist don't you think your being to hard on Amberkit? She's small she can't help that her tiny legs can't always hold her up."

Amberkit sighed. Anything Amberkit did was because of her size.

"It's okay Fallowwing. Sandmist is right, I shouldn't be falling at my age." Amberkit walked away to the nest and laid down.

She could feel Fallowwing's beautiful green eyes watching her.

Sandmist and the kits came over to the nest and laid down.

Amberkit could feel the steady breath of Grasskit.

Sandmist wrapped her tail around Grasskit and Weedkit but missed Amberkit.

Amberkit lifted her head up and looked at Sandmist's pale pelt. Amberkit knew that she had purposely missed her.

Amberkit got up. I don't understand why Sandmist doesn't like me! Is it because I'm small and not as strong as the others?

Amberkit walked over to Fallowwing and laid down beside her round belly.

Fallowwing opened her eyes and looked at Amberkit.

She wrapped her tail around Amberkit and closed her eyes again.

Amberkit purred and closed her eyes. Soon Fallowwing will have her own kits to take care of. I'll have to sleep back over there then. At least the kits will have a good mother. Fallowwing is such a caring cat.

Amberkit could feel herself drifting off to sleep and soon darkness swarmed around her.