Chapter 11

Amberpaw jumped at Longsplash bringing her down with her front paws. Longsplash looked at her in surprise then cuffed Amberpaw's ear.

Amberpaw jumped back at Longsplash. She saw familiar green eyes. Since Amberpaw wasn't paying attention she landed lopsided, falling down. Hawkpaw stepped out. "Sorry I didn't mean to make you mess up! I was just studying, like Tinystar told me to do."

Amberpaw got up. "It's fine." She turned back to Longsplash and jumped at her. For some reason Amberpaw had her claws unsheathed and made blood splatter on the ground as she raked her mentor face.

Longsplash yowled and backed up. "Amberpaw! Claws sheathed! I'm going to the medicine den and your going to hunt. Got that?" Amberpaw murmured yes and and walked out of the sandy hollow.

Yesterday was a gathering and like usual Hawkstar claimed territory and as the day went on Dovestar gave them more and more.

Amberpaw couldn't help but feel that Shadowclan was planning something bad.

*****
While Amberpaw was hunting she smelled Windclan. She shrugged. I'm close to the Windclan border anyway it's probably the wind bringing it over here.

"Help us! Shadowclan is attacking our clan!" Amberpaw turned her head to see Lilypaw running over. "Please help!"

Amberpaw nodded. "Follow me! I'll get Tinystar!" Amberpaw ran towards the camp with Lilypaw right beside her.

"Tinystar! We need to help Windclan! Shadowclan is attacking them!" Amberpaw burst into camp screeching.

All around the cats looked at Lilypaw then Amberpaw. Tintstar came out of his den. "Lilypaw how many Shadowclan warriors?"

Lilypaw's meow was frantic. "All of them! So many!" The clan exchanged surprised murmurs. "Thunderclan I want all the warriors and and apprentices! Let's go!" Tinystar jumped down and let Lilypaw and Amberpaw lead. Thunderclan as fast as they could and got to the Windclan border.

They crossed it without hesitation and needed the camp. Amberpaw's has almost dropped open when she saw the amount of Shadowclan cats.

"Thunderclan! Attack!" Tinystar screeched. Amberpaw jumped down onto a Shadowclan apprentice and was surprised when she saw Larkpaw.

"Hello Larkpaw." Larkpaw hissed and threw her off and jumped at her. Amberpaw got up and raked her claws across his stomach that was still in the air.

Larkpaw fell down and for a little bit Amberpaw thought she killed him. He slowly got up. Amberpaw was surprised when she felt paws slam into her.

She turned to see who it was and saw Blackpaw. "Don't ever attack my brother!" Larkpaw jumped in to help her sister and together they tore at Amberpaw's skin.

I've taught you some battle moves Amberpaw. Use them! Amberpaw recognized Wolfstrike's voice. Amberpaw raked Blackpaw's stomach with her back claws which made her back up.

Amberpaw quickly got up and lunged at Larkpaw's throat. He looked surprised when she jumped to the side instead. I tricked him! It worked! She quickly jumped on his back.

"Get off me fox heart!" Amberpaw froze at his words. "Fox heart? Your the Fox heart Larkpaw! You killed Weedkit!" Amberpaw let go and this time actually lunged at his throat. She chomped down and felt blood pour into her mouth.

"Larkpaw! Get off him!" Blackpaw rammed into Amberpaw. Amberpaw let go of his throat but since Amberpaw got pushed by Blackpaw that made her brake Larkpaw's neck.

Blackpaw stood over her, her muzzle in Amberpaw's face. "Murderer." She growled. Amberpaw felt a smile plaster on her face.

"I only avenged Weedkit. I wasn't going to kill him but since you pushed me while I was still biting his throat that made me brake it." Blackpaw's eyes filled with horror as she realized what she'd done.

Blackpaw backed up. "No.. no please no." She turned her head to Larkpaw's limp body. "This is your fault Blackpaw." Amberpaw growled.

A ear piecing shriek rang across the clearing. The clans stopped fighting and looked at Blackpaw and then realized what had happened.

"Larkpaw no!" Blackpaw ran over to Larkpaw, laying beside him. Two other Shadowclan cats came up to him. Amberpaw guessed they were Larkpaw's parents.

"Tinystar!" Amberpaw looked over to where she had heard the screech and saw a limp tiny body. Hawkstar was standing over Tinystar's body. His face smeared with blood.

All of a sudden it hit Amberpaw. Hawkstar is the Hawk in the prophecy."

Hawkstar looked at Amberpaw, as if he knew. All of a sudden Amberpaw bolted over to him flinging herself at him.

Hawkstar went flying and hit a rock. He quickly got up jumped at Amberpaw. He knocked her down and bit her neck. She screeched and raked her claws across his eyes. He let go and yowled.

Remember your training Amberpaw! Amberpaw jumped at him but he was ready and jumped at her making her hit the ground. Amberpaw breathed in. While she was taking a breath Hawkstar jumped at her, pinning her down.

Amberpaw was surprised when he raked his claws across Amberpaw's stomach. Amberpaw did the same thing to him with her back legs. She felt blood come onto her leg and Hawkstar stumbled back. Amberpaw got up and pinned him down.

" 'The shine of the amber will bring down the hawk' " He said. Amberpaw felt her blood go cold. "You knew?" Hawkstar coughed up blood. "Of course I knew. Congratulations Amberpaw. You really were the amber that would bring me down." Amberpaw felt his body go limp and looked at the clans. They all looked at her in surprise then back down at Hawkstar.

Amberpaw realized that most of Shadowclan was looking thankful. "You saved us!" Shadowclan cheered. Amberpaw looked at her clan. Grayfire stepped forward. "What did he mean by 'the shine of the amber will bring down the hawk'?"

Amberpaw looked at all three clans and explained.
I might have just earned all of the clans respect. I beat not only a experienced warrior but a strong leader.

Then Amberpaw remember Larkpaw and she smiled. I promised I would avenge you Weedkit. And I did.

I never wanted you to avenge me. Amberpaw looked around. Did Weedkit just talk to her? No it's just my mind messing with me.

So I know this chapter was really dumb but I thought it was gonna turn out a lot better. I had planned for Amberstream (Amberpaw's warrior name) to kill Hawkstar instead of Amberpaw but it wouldn't fit with the story if Amberstream killed Hawkstar so I had to have Amberpaw kill him, and I didn't feel like changing the story so there was never a prophecy. And just so you know Tinystar lost his last life in that battle.