Chapter 13

Amberpaw ran away from the badger but it was right behind her. I can't run with my shoulder wrapped in cobweb! Amberpaw turned her head and started to rip off the cobweb.

Amberpaw heard the badger screech and turned around, the putrid smell making her gag. It's catching up to me! "Help!" She screeched loud enough for Windclan to hear it. Nobody is coming! I'm going to die!

Amberpaw ran faster than she ever had, trying to lose the badger. She could feel it's hot breath on her flank. This is the end! My clan didn't even care to help me! Amberpaw got closer to the Shadowclan border. She turned left trying not to run onto the Thunderpath.

The ground was shaking from the badgers weight. "Attack!" Amberpaw turned her head to see and a patrol attacking the badger. Greenpaw, Hawkpaw, Maplespirit, Eagleshade, and Dewclaw!

Amberpaw stopped, almost losing her balance from how fast she was running. She turned around and charged at the badger jumped at it's front leg. She bit down and felt the warmness of blood. The badger through Amberpaw off. I'm to small for this badger!

Don't give up Amberpaw. Amberpaw perked her ears up at Wolfstrike's voice. Fight the badger and prove your strong. Amberpaw got up and flung herself at the badger. She jumped onto its back and clawed its ears. The badger screeched and flung Eagleshade off.

Eagleshade quickly got up and flung himself at the badgers neck. Amberpaw fell off and bit it's back leg. Maplespirit clawed it's sides and Hawkpaw and Greenpaw scratched its stomach. Dewclaw bit the badgers ear.

Amberpaw looked at Eagleshade. Eagleshade! He was in the badgers mouth and getting shaken violently. Amberpaw let go and ran to help Eagleshade. She jumped at the badgers neck scratching it. The badger threw Eagleshade onto the ground with a big thud!

Eagleshade! The badger killed Eagleshade! The badger gave one last enormous screech and ran back into the woods. "Eagleshade's dead!" Amberpaw screeched.

******

Amberpaw's eyes closed with exhaustion. Just a little longer Amberpaw. She looked up to see the sun coming up then looked back down at Eagleshade's dead body. She huddled closer to Sandmist's body. Eagleshade was Sandmist's littermate along with Aspenberry.

Cloverstar had made a patrol find where the badgers den was. The patrol had found the badger and drove it towards the Shadowclan border.

"Greenpaw wake up." Amberpaw poked Greenpaw's side. Greenpaw jerked awake and sighed.

Wolfstrike! He's going to be mad that I didn't visit him to train.

"Thunderclan!" Amberpaw looked up at Cloverstar. "It is time for the vigil to be over. Eagleshade has served his clan well and I hope he finds peace and as much hunting ash he wishes. May you find your way to Starclan, Eagleshade. I have decided that Amberpaw will go back to her training."

Amberpaw gasped. Finally! Cloverstar looked at Amberpaw. "I hope you have learned your lesson Amberpaw." Amberpaw dipped her head. "I have learned my lesson Cloverstar."

Cloverstar nodded. "Blossomfrost would you organize patrols?" Blossomfrost jumped onto the Highledge. "Of course. I want Maplespirit, Sandmist, Logtuft, and Grasspaw to go on border patrol. I will join you. Ivydapple, Hollowleap, Grayfire, Cedartooth, and Dustblaze go on a hunting patrol."

Blossomfrost jumped down and slipped through the cats and went over to the border patrol. The hunting patrol met up by the thorn barrier. Once they were all there they padded out.

"Amberpaw. Now that your punishment is over I want to train. We'll do hunting tomorrow but right now I want to do fighting moves." Longsplash started walking out of camp waving her tail signaling for Amberpaw to follow.

                                          *****

"You will face each other. Amberpaw you are a Thunderclan cat." Amberpaw looked at Greenpaw giving her a triumph look. "And Greenpaw you will be a Shadowclan cat." Logtuft explained.

Longsplash stood up. "Go!" She waved her tail. Amberpaw jumped at Greenpaw, putting her front legs across her neck. She flipped her over and Greenpaw looked surprised. Oh no! I just used a Dadk forest move! Longsplash will know where it's from.

Greenpaw sprang back up and batted Amberpaw making her back up. Amberpaw ducked her head down and rammed into Greenpaw's stomach. Greenpaw fell onto her back and Amberpaw took her chance and jumped on her putting her paw over Greenpaw's neck.

"Stop!" Loftuft meowed, blandly. Amberpaw got off and Greenpaw jumped up. Logtuft waived his tail and Amberpaw jumped at Greenpaw again.

Greenpaw screeched. "He said stop!" Amberpaw jumped around Greenpaw batting her. "Didn't you see his tail? That was a signal!" Come on Greenpaw! You should know these signals by now!

Amberpaw jumped at Greenpaw swiping her paw across her face then jumping to her side and going under her. She flipped Greenpaw off the ground and Greenpaw fell face first. "Stop!" Logtuft meowed again. Was that a hint of anger? Is he angry that I keep beating Greenpaw?

"That's all for today. Come on Amberpaw we are going to hunt." Amberpaw jumped after Longsplash catching up to her. Amberpaw shivered as she felt Logtuft's green gaze burning into her pelt.

"You've beaten Greenpaw every time!" Longsplash exclaimed. Amberpaw could hear the pride in her voice. "You may be small but you've got a lot of muscles!" Amberpaw looked down at herself.

Longsplash was right. She may be small but she did have muscles. Amberpaw couldn't help but smile. Maybe I'll even be bigger than Grasspaw!