Chapter 12

It had been half a moon since the battle and Amberpaw wasn't aloud to train for a moon because she killed Larkpaw. That didn't really affect Amberpaw since she was getting trained by Wolfstrike.

Tinystar had lost his last life in the battle so the new leader was Cloverstar and the deputy was Blossomfrost.

All the apprentices except for Greenpaw and Amberpaw has been made warriors; Frostblaze, Leafstrike, Thornleap, Swiftstrike, and Shredtooth.

Fallowwing's kits were still in the nursery and Poppyjaw had moved to the nursery. Amberpaw yawned and got up.

She poked her head out of the apprentices den. "Amberpaw! Your bleeding!" Amberpaw recognized Greenpaw's voice. "Oh uh it must have been a thorn! I'll go see Ashlight."

Amberpaw limped to the medicine den. I can't believe it was Hawkstar. I don't get why it was me. I'm just an apprentice. But Wolfstrike was impressed with me for killing him. Amberpaw felt a smile plaster on her face. She had impressed Wolfstrike.

I wonder if Hawkstar is in Starclan. I never see him in the dark forest. "Amberpaw!" Amberpaw snapped back to reality. "Huh?"

Reedpounce growled. "I said are you hurt?" He started sniffing Amberpaw. "Yeah. A thorn cut my shoulder." Reedpounce sniffed the cut. "That isn't a thorn cut. That was from a cat." Reedpounce looked up at Amberpaw.

Oh no! He's going to ask me what happened. "Were you training?" He asked turning away to get cobwebs. Phew! "Uhm yeah.. please don't tell! It's just hard going a moon without training. I trained with Greenpaw." Reedpounce nodded. "I won't tell. Just don't do it again."

Amberpaw relaxed. That was close! I need to be more careful. "Ok you can leave now." Amberpaw cringed at the smell of the herbs. "Thanks." Amberpaw limped out of the den.

"Amberpaw! You need to help the elders now!" Longsplash yowled running towards her. "I know. I'm getting to it." Longsplash sniffed her wound. "How'd you get that?" Amberpaw winced when she felt her nose touch it. "A thorn was in my nest." Longsplash nodded. "Well you can get more."

Longsplash turned away from Amberpaw and ran over to Maplespirit. Now I need the help the elders! Amberpaw rolled her eyes.

Amberpaw limped into the elders den. "Finally!" BirchFlight complained. "The rain got my nest wet! My joints are going stiff!" Amberpaw walked towards the moss and grabbed it. "Sorry BirchFlight." She murmured limping out of the elders den.

At least I'm aloud out of camp. Amberpaw dropped the wet moss and sniffed the moss around the twigs. It's all wet! Amberpaw clawed further into the moss.

Thank Starclan! Fresh moss! Amberpaw clawed the moss out and grabbed it. I should get some for MistHeart. Amberpaw grabbed more, barely managing to carry it.

Amberpaw walked back to camp, her shoulder making her wince in pain. That smell is unusual. Amebrpaw dropped the moss and sniffed the air. She turned her face and saw something that made her heart stop.

"Badger!" She screeched.