Chapter 30

Amberstream woke up to the sound of paws. She looked up to find and a cat. The cat was covered and scars and half of its ear was missing.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" The cat asked.

Amberstream got up and stretched. "I didn't know this belonged to anyone. What's your name?"

The cat hesitated but finally gave in. "The name is tank. The strongest she cat these fields have ever seen!"

Amberstream nodded. "My name is Amberstream." As soon as she said Tank unsheathed her claws.

"You shouldn't be here clan cat." She scowled. Amberstream snorted.

"I was exiled. Anyways do you mind if I stay here?" She asked tipping her head.

Tank huffed. "Fine. But don't expect me to hunt for you."

Amberstream purred. "Speaking of hunting I'm hungry. Where is the best place to hunt?"

Tank turned around. "Here of course! It's filled with the mice!" She stalked towards a corner and then pounced. She came out with a mouse in her jaw.

Amberstream opened her jaws and took in the scent. She pointed her ears as she heard scrambling. She turned around and got into a hunting crouch.

There is more than one mouse there. She stalked towards and then pounced. As soon as she landed she found four mice.

She quickly bit into one and then another. The other two scrambled away into a hole.

Amberstream sat up with satisfaction.

"Well I guess you can cats are actually good at hunting. What I surprise." Tank snorted.

Amberstream rolled her eyes and picked up her mice. Tank followed her and they sat down.

"So tell me why you got exiled." Tank said, with a mouth full of mice.

Amberstream shrugged. "Fine."

And then she started. As she told the story Tanks eyes got big. She told the part of why she started murdering: Because of Larkpaw.

As she was telling the story she realized none of this would've ever happened in Weedkit hadn't died.

I like the way I'm living. If Weedkit hadn't died I wouldn't be as strong as I am now.

Soon Amberstream finished the story. Tank looked very excited.

"You mean you got trained by a ghost cat and are now going there every night? Count me in! How do we get there?" Tank asked.

"Uhm I'm not sure. I think Wolfstrike has to take you in."

Tank nodded. "Than tell him to take me in! Anyways why would you get exiled for that? What you did was right! You deserved to be deputy."

Amberstream purred. "Finally! Someone who understands. Hey Tank. Have you ever killed any cats before?"

Tank nodded. "Of course! I almost killed you this morning. I'm like uhm...Wolfstrike. I want power and I know I deserve the power. That's why I want to join you in the battle that you talked about."