Chapter 21

All through Thunderclan, it was quiet. A group of cats surrounded a beautiful speckled grey she cat. They had been there all night and soon the sun would rise.

Kits were asleep, nuzzled up by their drowsy mother. Siblings of the beautiful she cat laid down beside her, their eyes barely open.

One she cat was standing out from all the Thunderclan cats. Her pale and black fur was dripping water from the sparkling water falling down from the sky.

Her eyes were showing no emotion. She stood in front of the lifeless grey body. But the speckled grey she cat was sitting right beside Amberstream. Her spririt.

~~~~~

Why Ashlight? It shouldn't have been you! Not you! Amberstream growled. She felt water trickle down her muzzle then onto her whiskers. It dropped to the ground and soaked in.

"Sunpaw and Brindlepaw. It is time to bury Ashlight. The elders will go with you. Go on now." Cloverstar's voice rang across the clearing.

The apprentices got up, joining the elders. "It is time all warriors get back to warrior duties." Amberstream got up as she was put on border patrol.

A larger tabby tom slithered towards Amberstream wrapping his tail around her. Amberstream turned her head, snapping at him.

He backed up, spooked. "I'm only trying to comfort you Amberstream." Maplespirit stepped forwards. "Hawkleap she doesn't need that right now. She's always done things herself so she can comfort herself."

Amberstream casted Maplespirit a grateful glance. "Come on now. We must go on our border patrol." She said waving her tail. Amberstream followed her, not looking back at Hawkleap.

******

Maplespirit, Slatedust, Hollowspeck, Shredtooth, and Amberstream walked towards the Shadowclan border.

The rain had stopped and snow had started falling. They started marking the borders when Amberstream smelled something.

"Shadowclan patrol coming up." She warned. The cats looked up and saw a group of cats coming up chasing a squirrel.

One was at the top who Amberstream recognized immediately. Blackwhisker. She was right at the squirrel's tail tip.

"She's chasing it towards our border." Hollowspeck said warily. What is she doing? Blackwhisker chased it past the border and went zooming over it.

Amberstream was the first to jump forward. Slatedust jumped after her and went chasing for the squirrel. Amberstream pinned Blackwhisker down.

"And what do you think your doing?" She hissed. Amberstream looked up and saw Slatedust walking back with the squirrel in his jaws.

"That's our catch!" Dawnpool, a Shadowclan warrior, snarled. Shredtooth looked at her. "It's on Thunderclan territory."

"He's right. It's on our territory." Maplespirit agreed. Scorchberry turned to Maplespirit, his eyed blazing with hatred. "You're only saying that so you can have it! Leaf-bare is coming and we need as much food as possible you fox-hearts!" He snarled.

Amberstream looked back at Blackwhisker. She's already skinny. But that doesn't matter! It was dead on Thunderclan territory.

"I suggest you leave." Amberstream said, letting Blackwhisker go. As soon as she let Blackwhisker go she jumped at Slatedust.

She barreled him over and grabbed the squirrel. Amberstream raced after Blackwhisker and jumped on her, scratching her flank.

She yowled and turned swiping her claws across Amberstream's face. Amberstream jumped around her, making her swiped become weaker.

She jumped at Blackwhisker's throat at but down. Blood squirted into her mouth. Blackwhisker flailed her paws, begging Amberstream to let go.

Amberstream dropped Blackwhisker down, making sure she wasn't dead. "Now leave!" Amberstream snarled. She could hear the battling going on behind her.

"What will Wolfstrike say? You tried to kill a clan member!" She rasped looking up at Amberstream. "He'd be proud. The next battle I won't hurt you. This was just a warning." Amberstream nodded towards the blood dripping from her neck.

"Shadowclan! Let Thunderclan take the squirrel. Besides it's just a tiny one." Blackwhisker ordered, limping towards her clan mates.

Even if we train in the dark forest together, I will never consider Blackwhisker a clan mate. Even if we are only clan mates in the dark forest.

"Thunderclan! Let's finish marking our borders." Hollowspeck mewed, blood dripping from her ear.

This is only the beginning of blood shed.