Chapter 16

Amberpaw watched as the leaders jumped down from the fourtrees. What's the point of gatherings? It's the same thing over and over. 'Prey is good and we're strong.' It's so boring!

Amberpaw followed Cloverstar away from the fourtrees. Blossomfrost padded beside Cloverstar, their pelts brushing up against each other.

I'll be made a warrior soon! I've been training for ever! Greenpaw and Frostblaze will became mates as soon as Greenpaw turns a warrior.

Amberpaw walked into camp and immediately went to her nest. She laid down and not long after darkness consumed her.

  *********

Amberpaw's tail twitched impatiently. Today was her warrior assessment and she was waiting for Longsplash.

Amberpaw looked over her shoulder and relief flooded over her when she saw Longsplash. She nodded her head and Amberpaw took off.

She sniffed the ground and caught the scent of rabbit. That's weird. We don't usually have rabbits around here. Oh well! Prey is prey!

She crept towards the scent and narrowed her eyes. There it is! She placed her paws down carefully, not making any noise. Snap!

Oh no! The rabbits head snapped up and it looked around. Amberpaw jumped forward as soon as the rabbit took off. She landed awkwardly and quickly got up, chasing after it.

When did I get this speed? She caught up to the rabbit and chomped down on its tail. The rabbit squealed and moved around frantically, trying to get out of her grip.

Amberpaw put her paw on the rabbits spine and bit its neck. I caught a rabbit! She dug into the first and buried the rabbit. Time for more prey!

********

Amberpaw looked up at the sky. The sun was almost fully down. I caught a lot of prey! She had caught a rabbit, three thrushes,four mice, and two voles. I wonder how Greenpaw did.

Amberpaw retraced her steps and picked up all of her prey. She dragged they prey back to camp, barely being able to carry it all.

Greenpaw ran up to Amberpaw. "You caught so much!" She mewed in awe. Amberpaw purred and put the prey down of the fresh kill pile. Longsplash walked into camp.

"That was good hunting, Amberpaw." She nodded, briskly to Amberpaw. Amberpaw dipped her head. She grabbed a vole and headed towards Frostblaze with Greenpaw right beside her.

I hope it was enough to pass my Warrior assessment.

Sorry for the short chapter!