Chapter 17

"I, Cloverstar, leader of Thunderclan call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn."

"Amberpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Amberpaw blinked. I've trained harder than any other apprentice. I've trained in the dark forest and in my clan. I will be the strongest cat. "I do." Amberpaw finally answered.

"Then by the powers of Starclan I give you your warrior name. Amberpaw from this moment you will be known as Amberstream. Starclan honors your hunting and determination and we welcome you as a full member of Thunderclan."

Starclan! Huh! Cloverstar laid his head on her head and she licked his shoulder which was still wet from when Greenwillow, Greenpaw's warrior name, licked his shoulder.

The clan cheered Amberstream's name and Amberstream dipped her head. Now all I have to do is become deputy.

*******

Amberstream looked up at Wolfstrike. She had missed training yesterday since she had to sit vigil.

"Congratulations Amberstream." Wolfstrike said. Amberstream nodded as the rest of the dark forest cats cheered her name. "I would like you to meet someone. Moonpaw." A grey silver tabby walked out of the shadows.

"Amberstream, I expect you to train this new apprentice and teach her the ways of the real code. Not the weak code." Wolfstrike said, summoning Moonpaw over.

Amberstream noticed how she walked over. She walked over like she owned the place. She looked up at Wolfstrike, who nodded to Amberstream.

Amberstream jumped forward, marking a clean slice across Moonpaw's face. She staggered back, surprised.

"You don't own the place so don't act like you do." Amberstream snarled. Moonpaw looked up at her with wide eyes. "Now get up!" Amberstream snapped.

Being in charge feels.. good. "Get to training!" Wolfstrike yowled. Amberstream walked over to a place they could train. She sat down and looked around at the dark forest members. She watched as Loudthroat pinned Blackflight down.

Blackflight still hadn't forgiven Amberstream for killing Larkpaw. It's what that Fox heart deserved. He killed Weedkit. I know Weedkit would be proud of me.

Proud of you? You think I'm proud of you? Your a murderer Amberstream. Your training in the dark forest. I'm not proud of you.

Weedkit? Was that you? Amberstream shook her head. I don't care if you aren't proud of me! I'm following the path I want to follow.

"Amberstream! Pay attention!" Moonpaw growled. Amberstream turned back to Moonpaw and swiped her claws across her face. "I'm your mentor and you don't tell me what to do." She snarled.

Moonpaw dipped her head. "Sorry." Amberstream tackled Moonpaw down. "Don't day sorry either." She snarled.

"Now what are you going to do?" She asked Moonpaw. Moonpaw kicked her back paws up, but it barley hurt Amberstream.

Amberstream bit Moonpaw's neck, making her screech. Her screech matched in with the other yowls.

Moonpaw dug her claws into Amberstream's face a flipped her over. At least she knows that move. Moonpaw turned around and slammed her paws down on which would've been Amberstream.

Anberstream was already up and barged into Moonpaw, making her fly across the ground. Amberstream jumped on her and put her paw on Moonpaw's neck.

"Too slow!" Amberstream sneered. Amberstream let Moonpaw up. "I'm going to teach you some moves now." Amberstream told Moonpaw.

"Pretend I'm who you hate most. Who do you hate most?" Amberstream asked Moonpaw. MoonpW unsheathed her claws. "My sister Rainpaw. She's always been the favorite. We are Nightstar's daughters. Nightstar has always favored Rainpaw for a reason that I don't know of. Rainpaw is beautiful and looks like Nightstar. She is always with Nightstar and is even her apprentice. If I could just tear her throat out I would!" She snarled.

Kinda like Greenwillow.