Sneak peek of book 2 (The final battle)

Rainshadow trudged through the marsh, her ears perked. All the clans had been uneasy since Amberstream died for she had promised revenge and the clans knew she was keeping her promise.

"Hey Rainshadow!" Moonspeck called from behind her. "Get your head out of the clouds and start hunting!"

Rainshadow turned her head to the silver tabby she cat. Her and Moonspeck has never been close. In fact Rainshadow thought that Moonspeck hated her. Rainshadow had no idea why.

"Sorry." Rainshadow mumbled. The silver fur of Moonspeck charged past Rainshadow. Rainshadow watched as she jumped on a toad and quickly killed it.

Moonspeck looked up at Rainshadow. "Look? I know you're worried about what Amberstream said but that doesn't mean you stop working for your clan. Whenever the thing Amberstream is planning comes, then you can worry. But for now stop worrying!" She snapped.

Rainshadow narrowed her eyes. "And who are you to boss me around?"

Moonspeck suddenly unsheathed her claws and looked straight into Rainshadows eyes. Moonspecks eyes were filled with hatred. "Boss you around? You think I'm bossing your around?" She stepped towards Rainshadow.

Rainshadow took a step back. "Well uhm. I mean, yes kind of. And you should be respecting me!"

Moonspeck snarled. "I'm putting you in your place! Not bossing you around! Just because your Nightstars favorite doesn't mean you have to have everyones respect. I'll die before I ever give you an inch of respect!" With that, Moonspeck grabbed her toad and ran off.

Rainshadow stood alone. She was more confused than she had ever been in her life. She was questioning why Moonspeck kept to herself. Why she hated Rainshadow. Why she hated Nightstar. She was questioning Moonspeck all together.

"Rainshadow?" Rainshadow turned around to see Ashheart. She and Ashheart had always been close. And Rainshadow had to admit, she had feelings for him.

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I heard what Moonspeck said." He stepped towards Rainshadow and nuzzled her.

Rainshadow purred. "It was just a sister fight." Her heart raced as Ashheart wrapped his tail around hers.

"That didn't sound like a sister fight." He pondered. His grey pelt shimmered as the moon hit it.

"We have to get back to camp. It's getting late." Rainshadow quickly changed the subject and got up. She turned away and started walking back towards camp. She could feel Ashhearts eyes watching her.

Finally she heard him get up. He raced after her and was soon by her side. "You know you can tell me anything." He insisted.

"I don't want to talk about it!" Rainshadow finally snapped.

Ashheart seemed taken back by her sudden outburst. "Sorry.. I was just trying to help." He ran ahead and soon Rainshadow could no longer see him.

She groaned. I didn't mean to snap at him like that. I just don't like talking about my feelings.

She sighed. Soon she finally made it to camp. Her belly rumbled with hunger but she was to tired to eat. She walked to her nest and curled up. It wasn't long before she fell asleep.