Chapter 22

"Amberstream tried to kill me!" Blackwhisker snarled. Wolfstrike looked down on her. "I know. It was only a warning. Next time she will not fight you in battle-" Wolfstrike looked towards Amberstream's "-Is that understood?"

Amberstream nodded. "Good now get back to training." Amberstream trotted over to Moonpaw.

Amberstream has learned how much Nightstar didn't care about her. Nightstar had taken Rainpaw, Moonpaw's sister, as her own apprentice because she favored Rainpaw and had given Moonpaw, Pineflower as a mentor.

Pineflower was blind so it was hard for her to train Moonpaw. Pineflower hadn't become a medicine cat because her father was Hawkstar and when he made her an apprentice he didn't want his daughter becoming a medicine cat.

Amberstream had met Pineflower once at a gathering. She was beautiful but to nice. Amberstream could understand why Moonpaw hated her.

"Let's get back to training and hope nobody interrupts us again." She growled, glaring at Blackwhisker.

Amberstream stalked Moonpaw, and Moonpaw did the same. Moonpaw shifted forward. She's going to jump. Amberstream jumped to the side, but to her surprise Moonpaw didn't jump forward.

Moonpaw jumped where Amberstream jumped and tackled Amberstream. Moonpaw scratched the soft skin on Amberstream's stomach, drawing blood.

Amberstream grabbed Moonpaw's scruff and flipped her over, slamming her onto the ground. Moonpaw groaned as Amberstream got up and jumped on her stomach.

Amberstream hit Moonpaw in the face with her back paws and dug her claws into Moonpaw's belly. She raked her claws across her belly and jumped off, facing Moonpaw.

Moonpaw staggered up, blood dripping from her jaw. Weak. Amberstream darted under Moonpaw's underbelly and slashed at the back of her fore paws.

Moonpaw twisted back thinking Amberstream was going to be there. But Amberstream had backed up and hooked her claws into Moonpaw's scruff, dragging her down.

"Stop being so weak!" Amberstream snarled, her anger making her chip Moonpaw's ear. She but down in Moonpaw's other ear and raked her claws on the side of Moonpaw's face, making blood splatter on the ground.

Amberstream could hear Moonpaw's yelps and screeches but she didn't care. She bit down on her tail and dragged her back. Once Moonpaw was on the ground she bit Moonpaw's spine.

"Please stop!" Moonpaw cried. Amberstream let Moonpaw go and backed up. She could feel blood dripping from her jaws. Moonpaw's blood.

Moonpaw slowly got up with wounds everywhere. "So your just going to let her go when she begs for it?" Amberstream turned to see Maggotstar.

Amberstream had heard many stories of Maggotstar. She was one of the most ferocious cats the clans had ever seen. She was a Windclan leader many many moons ago.

"I gave her many wounds. I thought I had taught her a lesson." Amberstream answered.

Maggotstar snarled. "I've seen Moonpaw and how she likes to boss around. If you won't teach her a good enough lesson then I will."

Maggotstar jumped over Moonpaw and turned on her back legs. While she was turning she raked her claws on Moonpaw's back making her screech in agony.

Maggotstar dropped down and bit Moonpaw's leg making blood pour out. Moonpaw dropped down, her cries louder than any other cats.

Maggotstar got back up and dug her claws into Moonpaw's scruff, bringing her up. She threw Moonpaw and she hit a tree with a loud thump!

Maggotstar was about to jump at Moonpaw again but Amberstream jumped at her instead. She barreled into Maggotstar making her stagger back.

While she was backing up Amberstream jumped at her front legs biting one and scratching the other one. Maggotstar yelped and yanked her leg free.

Blood poured onto the ground from the wound Amberstream had made. Amberstream got back up and quickly brought her paw up slamming it down on Maggotstar's head.

Maggotstar fell down, blood dripping from the wound from her head. "Good job Amberstream. Maybe that will teach Maggotstar not to mess with other cats apprentices without permission." Wolfstrike said, walking up to Amberstream.

Amberstream turned her head and saw that all the cats were watching Amberstream. "Amberstream has proven her strength. If anyone of you still doubt her then here is your proof that she's strong." Wolfstrike said glaring at a group of cats.

Amberstream looked at the cats he was looking at and instantly recognized who it was. Hawkstar, Lionfire, Dustspring, Kinktalon, and Prickleeyes.

They always questioned Amberstream's loyalty for they though the only reason she was doing this was to make her grandfather proud and she would tell anyone about the dark forest.

"Now get back to training!" Wolfstrike yowled jumping back onto his rock. Amberstream looked back at Maggotstar who was staggering up.

She glared at Amberstream. "You only won because I was tired from fighting Moonpaw. You and that weak apprentice will never fit into the dark forest." She snarled.