Chapter 26

Amberstream looked up at the blazing sun. Birds were tweeting and flying.

She jumped towards the beautiful blue glistening river and dipped her head. She looked at the tiny fish swimming around.

She started drinking the water when she heard someone. She lifted her head and looked around. A tiny kit stepped out of the bushes.

The tom has a dark tabby pelt and looked almost ghost like. That's when it hit her.

"Weedkit!" She ran towards him. He snarled and unsheathed his ghost claws.

Amberstream stopped and looked at him, surprised. "Weedkit! It's me Amberstream!"

Weedkit growled. "I know that you mouse brain. But you aren't the same cat that I used to watch over. Now your blood hungry and training in the dark forest."

Amberstream narrowed her eyes. She looked over her brother again. "With my strength I'll be leader. That's what you told me once wasn't it?" She growled.

"I did tell you that when you weren't power hungry. If you keep training in the dark forest you will follow a dark path." Weedkit looked Amberstream in the eyes, with no hint that he was scared of her.

"I've grown. I'm almost as big as Greenwillow now and I'm much bigger than you. I could kill you with one swipe." She challenged.

Weedkit hissed. "It's not all about killing! If you were like Greenwillow you'd be the greatest leader Thunderclan has ever seen."

Amberstream shook her head. "You don't understand. You Starclan cats are weak and depend on others for your survival. Us dark forest cats are strong and everyone fears us. With fear comes power."

Weedkit narrowed his eyes. "Your not the Amberstream I remember."

With that Weedkit disappeared. "Amberstream? Who were you taking to."

Amberstream turned around and saw Sunwhisper. "Nobody." Amberstream pushed her way pass Sunwhisper and towards the tree.

I know I'm following the right path. Even if this was the wrong path for me, I'd rather be a strong dark forest cat than a puny Starclan cat.

Short chapter again! My dog was diagnosed with cancer so I'm going to try and write still but if I don't write it's cause I'm trying to spend as much time with her as a I can. (She's very old so she doesn't have a good chance of surviving)