Chapter 29

"Moonspeck!" A yowl echoed across the dark forest. Amberstream looked up and saw Hawkstar standing beside Wolfstrike.

"Hawkstar challenges you to a battle. You have been in the dark forest for awhile now and have not yet fought one of our warriors. This means you have not proven your strength and loyalty. If you don't accept the challenge then each member of the dark forest gets to spill some of your blood and as much as they want. Do you accept?" He asked.

Moonspeck hesitated and looked at Amberstream. "Here's your real battle." Amberstream whispered.

Moonspeck nodded. "I accept."

Amberstream ran away from Moonspeck and jumped up beside Wolfstrike as the cats around made a a fighting circle.

"You can't let Hawkstar kill her. She wants to kill Nightstar and Rainshadow. But if she dies she can't do that. Moonspeck is very strong. She's almost as strong as me. And you can't let Moonspeck kill Hawkstar. Not that will happen but just incase." Amberstream urged.

Wolfstrike narrowed his eyes and then nodded. "Fine."

Amberstream nodded and jumped back down. She sat down beside Sunwhisper.

Sunwhisper looked at her. "Why did you attack Greenwillow and kill Maplespirit? If you had killed Greenwillow you would've killed kits to! She's expecting Frostblazes kits!"

Amberstream looked at Sunwhisper. "Greenwillow doesn't deserve her life. She's living the perfect life. I deserved to be deputy. I had a prophecy, I worked hard for my clan, I did everything. Anyways how is Bluepaw?"

Amberstream has forgotten to ask if she could bring Bluepaw to the dark forest.

"Oh she's fine. She's still very shocked from what happened. She came out of the medicine den with Tigerpaw and they had Blossomfrost. And there was a dead body and you were nowhere to be seen. Her mentor is Fallowwing now."

Amberstream nodded. Greenwillow and Sandmist are expecting kits.

"Fight!" Wolfstrike yowled. Amberstream looked back at the battling cats.

Hawkstar jumped under Moonspeck and slashed her fore paws but Moonspeck didn't fall for it. She stayed where she was and as soon as Hawkstar got up she slammed her paws into him, sending him flying.

Moonspeck jumped towards him and slashed his side stomach. Blood poured from the wound and Moonspecks paw was soaked with blood.

Hawkstar got back up and shook his head. Moonspeck jumped at him again but he was ready. As Moonspeck went up he went under her and slashed her stomach.

Moonspeck fell down and blood spilled from her stomach. Hawkstar stepped towards her and put his claws against Moonspeck, ready to kill her.

"Stop!" Wolfstrike said. I thought he was going to kill her there.

Hawkstar looked up at Wolfstrike, surprised. "Stop? What do you mean stop? I challenged her to a battle. That means I get to kill her."

Wolfstrike narrowed his eyes. "Do not argue with you're leader!"

Hawkstar stepped away from Moonspeck and towards Wolfstrike. "Leader?" He challenged. "Your no leader. You were never a leader. You're only a warrior. I should be ruling the dark forest."

Wolfstrike jumped down towards Hawkstar and was face to face with him. Amberstream was surprised at how much bigger Wolfstrike was.

He towered over Hawkstar. "Is that a challenge?" He snarled. Hawkstar slashed his claws across Wolfstrike's face.

Wolfstrike snarled and and brought his paw down on Hawkstar's head. He fell down and was pinned down.

Wolfstrike grabbed Hawkstar's scruff and threw him. Hawkstar fell down and yelped. Wolfstrike jumped to Hawkstar's side as he staggered up.

Wolfstrike kicked Hawkstar, sending him back. Wolfstrike attacked him again and grabbed his tail. He yanked him back and then brought his paw down on Hawkstar's spine.

Hawkstar yowled as Wolfstrike but the back of his neck.

Amberstream ran towards him. "Wolfstrike no! Don't kill him!" Wolfstrike let go and looked up at Amberstream, blood smeared on his jaws.

"Why?" He snarled. Amberstream gulped.

"Because we need him." She winked at him so he knew what she was talking about.

Only a couple cats new about the battle the dark forest was going to do. They would need Hawkstar since he was strong.

Wolfstrike got off of Hawkstar. "Fine. Let this teach you a lesson, Hawkstar. Let this teach all of you a lesson. I'm the leader here."

Murmurs of agreement sounded across the cats.

Amberstream heard a low groan and looked over to see Moonspeck still on the ground. Amberstream raced over to her.

She narrowed her eyes at the wounds. "I don't know what excuse you'll be giving your clan when you wake up." She joked. "The wounds aren't bad. Try to get up."

Moonspeck sighed and then struggled up. Blood dropped down from the wound on her stomach.

Amberstream sat down. "If you want to be a great warrior then you need to be better at fighting."

Amberstream had to admit that Moonspeck was a great fighter and would be an advance to the dark forest when the battle comes up. I just hope she'll stay loyal when she finds out the dark forest is battling the clans.