Chapter 37

Amberstream ran to the fourtrees with Tank by her side. She had decided to let Tank go with her just in case they fought at the gathering.

The sun was just starting to set so they had quite awhile till the gathering started. Amberstream could see the fourtrees in the distance. She picked up her pace and soon Tank did to.

"It's been forever since I've seen fourtrees." Tank mumbled. Amberstream had forgotten that Tank used to be a clan cat.

Amberstream slowed down as they made it fourtrees. "Follow me. We'll go on the rock for a little bit then we will hide." Amberstream elaborated.

They stepped into the middle of fourtrees. Amberstream walked up to the leaders rock. She jumped up and looked around. Tank followed her and was soon sitting beside her.

"Tank? Do you miss being in a clan?" Amberstream suddenly asked.

Tank looked out to no where as if she was thinking. "Yeah I do. If I could change what happened I would. But I wouldn't have changed mating with Acornwish. What about you?"

Amberstream thought about the question. "I'm happy where I'm at. If this all goes as it's planned then you and me will be able to join the clans again and even rule them."

Tank looked at her. "You'll let me movie into the clans if this goes as planned?" She asked.

"Of course." Amberstream answered. Suddenly she heard the distant voices of cats. She looked up at the moon and realized it was time for cats to come to the gatherings. "Follow me!" Amberstream fretted. She jumped down from the rock and ran behind the tree. She sighed with relief as Tank followed her.

Not long after, Shadowclan and Thunderclan cats appeared. Amberstream felt weird seeing her old clan. She realized that Sandmist wasn't there. She's probably still in the nursery. She unsheathed her claws as Greenwillow jumped onto the deputies spot. She spotted Bluepaw who was much bigger now. Cloverstar jumped on the rock as Windclan and Riverclan made their way in.

"Meadowburr." Tank whispered. Amberstream looked where she was looking and saw the old she cat. Amberstream knew that when she was an apprentice Meadowburr retired to the elders.

"She was the cat you were closest to right?" Amberstream asked her. She looked back at Tank and saw that her eyes were glazed with pain.

Tank shook her head. "Yeah. My best friend." Tank sighed. "Anyways I think the gathering is starting." Amberstream nodded. Streamstar was the one to start the gathering.

"Riverclan is strong. But. There has been cats trespassing on our territory. Cats from all clans. I mostly smelled Shadowclan. Nightstar, Cloverstar, and Dovestar, I suggest you keep your cats out your territory. If you don't then we will be forced to attack." Streamstar snarled.

Nightstar turned to Streamstar. "Oh and your cats haven't been trespassing?" She hissed.

Streamstar bristled at her accusation. "Are you accusing my cats of trespassing? We stick to the Warrior code unlike you guys!"

Dovestar stood up. "Streamstar you are lying! Your clan and the other clan cats have been on our territory! Especially Nightstars cats! Learn to control your cats!" Dovestar snarled.

"Of course you would say that! Your clan is the weakest! My cats would never trespass!" She snapped back.

Cloverstar turned to the leaders. "All of you have been trespassing. Stay off of my territory. If you don't then we will attack. With no mercy."

Streamstar jumped towards Cloverstar. "And who are you to accuse us of trespassing? Your cats are have been trespassing to!"

Cloverstar bristled and unsheathed his claws. "You piece of fox dung!" Cloverstar tumbled into Streamstar.

Perfect. This is exactly what was supposed to happen.

"Shadowclan! Attack!" Nightstar yowled.